Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Moderators
Posted

IMG_20170215_100512.jpg

 

I tried stacking exposures in Photoshop to create a long exposure effect for the first time. I think it's come out pretty decent. Certainly good enough that I can't see me fucking around with nd filters again in the near future.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Nice. How many shots did you stack.

 

I did a few long exposures while I was back in Wales over Christmas. No ND filters ( forgot them) so it was a bit trial and error on how long I could shoot for.

 

2njdkox.jpg

  • Paid Members
Posted

It was 20 shots. How long was the exposure on that shot? The bushes look pretty still and clear, but the water looks nice and smooth!

20 shots! That's some stacking!

 

It was 2.5 seconds at f22 and iso100. Luckily it was overcast and quite still.

  • 5 months later...
Posted

Hello there, welcome back to the Photography thread.

 

My girlfriend is looking to get back into Photography on a limited budget.  She is after a half decent digital camera for between two and three hundred.  What do you recommend?  Would there be any other bits of kit she should consider a necessity?

  • Paid Members
Posted
17 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I don't think so, just something cheap for a beginner.

If she's not sure what she wants nip to CEX they sell 2nd hand cameras with a 24 month warranty and do some good deals. Can get a canon 600d ( still one of the cameras I carry for work as a back up) for £200 so could probably get a couple of lenses within budget and know you'll get at least a couple of years out of them. 

Posted
22 minutes ago, chokeout said:

If she's not sure what she wants nip to CEX they sell 2nd hand cameras with a 24 month warranty and do some good deals. Can get a canon 600d ( still one of the cameras I carry for work as a back up) for £200 so could probably get a couple of lenses within budget and know you'll get at least a couple of years out of them. 

Ah, didn't know that about CEX, that sounds ideal, thanks!

  • Paid Members
Posted

Is there still a London Camera Exchange in Piccadilly Gardens? They've always been good for used gear.

Just having a look on their website for an idea of prices, £219 will get her DSLR with lens, leaving her £80 to get a flash (separate flash is Digby's #1 important accessory)

https://www.lcegroup.co.uk/Used/Nikon-D3100--&-18-55mm-VR-(-8424-shutter-count-)_188465.html

https://www.lcegroup.co.uk/Used/Sigma-EF-610-DG-SUPER-NIKON-FIT_188418.html

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

Is there still a London Camera Exchange in Piccadilly Gardens? They've always been good for used gear.

Shit a brick, forgot all about that place, I got my wife a zoom lens when we started dating 25 years ago, and it hade been there forever then.  Looks like it's  moved to Cross Street now, so you can visit without stumbling over dozens of people ripped to the tits on Spice.

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

Well, we went to LSE and they were really helpful and put things into terms we could understand!  She got a Canon EOS 500D for under 200, went to the park and snapped away.  It was really therapeutic and relaxing, I think it will do her creativity the world of good!

  • Paid Members
Posted

Fantastic. Great camera to start with / pick things up again with. 

Totally agree with it being therapeutic, it's a great way to switch off from things. You do realise it's going to slowly start costing you a fortune in lenses now, right? 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...