UKFF Photography Thread

matbro1984

• Moderators

That's a really cool photo Monkee.

I got an adapter so I can use OM mount lenses on my camera, and picked up a couple cheapo manual lenses on ebay.

Here is a couple shots from the macro lens that I have been playing around with:

15646169172_bb2915842e_c.jpg

15638332686_7052d960e3_c.jpg

15642651081_40387fd278_c.jpg

Next up, I'm going to try and take some photos of birds and suchlike with a crazy big zoom lens!

• Moderators

Cheers. The lens for those pics was £16 with postage. The big Zoom lens a bit more (around £30). The adapter cost less than a tenner, also.

So yeah, super cheap!

That said, the cheapo tripod I got is totally shit and unsuitable so cheaping out there didn't help and I'm going to have to just write that off and get a decent one. I've done some research and Velbon seem to be the most reasonably priced brand that still have a decent reputation / build quality..?

Also want to get an ND filter for the long exposures in the daytime.. Those are the next two things on my list!

• Moderators

Sorry to toot my own horn here, but I was pretty chuffed about this. Flickr did a #dogs for Twitter Tuesday this week so I sent some of my photos I'd uploaded of Bess over to them. They chose one of my pics for the lead photo on the article and the photo on the link to it from their main blog post.

I know it's not really a big deal, but I thought it was pretty cool anyway :) -

#Dogs blog

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Awards Moderator

Sorry to toot my own horn here, but I was pretty chuffed about this. Flickr did a #dogs for Twitter Tuesday this week so I sent some of my photos I'd uploaded of Bess over to them. They chose one of my pics for the lead photo on the article and the photo on the link to it from their main blog post.

I know it's not really a big deal, but I thought it was pretty cool anyway :) -

#Dogs blog

Nice work Chest :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

So, I finally got around to trying to take some bird photos with that zoom lens as I've been rather busy recently.

Fuck me, it takes a bit of getting used to trying to take sharp pictures of in-flight birds with a manual lens. No wonder no one does that shit anymore. I'm going to go ahead and pretend that cheaping out somehow makes me a purist and better -

15306469833_c2fa1b04a5_c.jpg

15740098379_77aaf6cfac_c.jpg

15293012194_86770394ae_c.jpg

Been lurking for months and not posting, just went through it all, some really lovely stuff in this thread. You talented bastards. 

15687628638_92861007c1.jpg

15255408963_d278a86aab.jpg

I also have some advice, learned from painful recent experience. Those foil-wrapped sensor cleaning swab things for DSLRs... I bought some cheapo ones off ebay a few days ago. I now have a knackered sensor. Or at least, a really grungy, streaky, properly shit looking one. So, yeah. Don't be cheap with that stuff unless you really enjoy using the clone/heal tools in Lightroom.

Edited by matbro1984