Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
there's that area of photos in between where there's a bit going on and I want to capture it all and present it well that is a bit complicated and I'm struggling.

Small groups shots, candid type stuff?

  • Moderators
Posted

OK, maybe this is not quite what I was describing, but a good one to ask about as I was just looking at it - I like this photo of them signing the register, but I don't really know what to do with it to make it work. How to crop it properly it or edit it or whatever. Happy to give you a link to d/l the raw if it is easier for you to show than tell!

 

_1030923.jpg

 

You can see from my flickr what I've started to do with the other ones for reference if you want also

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

At lot of this sort of stuff comes down to personal taste. You've got all 4 people in but it's left you with a lot of empty space around the edge. If you want to keep the same aspect ratio then I'd just crop it in as tight as you can get without chopping too much off and shift the two people with the register slightly more into the center. ( I'm knackered so I hope that makes sense) I've not got my laptop on but a cheap and cheerful crop on the ipad is

 

1zpkzh5.jpg

 

Saying that it's a photo of two people signing the register so you could crop it super tight and get rid of everything but them.

 

Stick a link to the raw file up and I'll have a crack at it tomorrow

Edited by chokeout
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I took over 650 photos in 2 weeks when I went to Normandy recently for the 70th anniversary of D-Day. I managed to cut them down and put them into 2 albums on Flickr - one for Normandy in general and one specifically for Band of Brothers related stuff. Here are some of my favourites:

 

Sunset on Omaha Beach on 5th June looking towards Pointe du Hoc.

14249652758_d78790fc9e.jpg

 

Part of the Mulberry Harbour on Gold Beach.

14456418043_c75709f527.jpg

 

The Richard Winters Leadership Memorial near Utah Beach.

14435973404_5739681305.jpg

 

Ranville Cemetery.

14436264015_7fa217cc44.jpg

 

The original Pegasus Bridge.

14432925341_d83d17da7d.jpg

 

Flowers left at the American Cemetery in Colleville-sur-Mer.

14432932311_4a6dbb1335.jpg

 

Damian Lewis and a veteran of the 101st Airborne at the Richard Winters Memorial.

14413971726_7e9ab6d0cc.jpg

 

There are also photos from the Monaco GP HERE.

Edited by Monkee
  • Moderators
Posted

Hey thanks for the responses I have been pretty crazy busy since that post and I haven't had a chance to respond or post the raw.

 

Having looked the term up online, yes - I mean candid Surf! If that is a particular term in photography as it seems to be I think that information alone will really help me find tutorials.

 

Seeing as I was searching for "lightroom tutorial photos of people doing stuff in small groups" and oddly enough wasn't getting what I was looking for.

  • 3 months later...
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Went to Blackpool Last night, first time i've done long exposure stuff in years and it wasn't helped by the fact it was pissing it down.

 

 

15362720547_44ef95a2db_b.jpg

 

15362734987_06b7f2fbbc_b.jpg

 

15362717197_05c9f52467_b.jpg

Edited by chokeout
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

Good work Chest. How did you find it?. Its a lot of trail and error isn't it.

Im going to have another go if the weather stays ok later this week

  • Moderators
Posted

Yeah.. it was cool. The first things I tried at some fields near me with good views of the city from a distance didn't work out too well (not pictured here), but these ones came out nicely.

 

Have had some thoughts how to improve on both these and the other shots I was trying though, so look forward to having another go.

 

I was going to say about your pictures above - I know you were annoyed about the rain, but I love the reflection of the colours on the ground on your Wheel photo; that wouldn't have been as nice if it wasn't wet I think, so I think it worked in your favour there.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Yeah, I liked the reflections, only problem was the rain was coming down so hard it was gathering on the lens so i was ending up with loads of shots like this

 

2me25vo.jpg

 

f51udy.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...