Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

577367_3884040750068_1550348259_33204560_1968677715_n.jpg

 

Resurrecting the thread as I've just started dabbling with infra-red, and I'm quite pleased with this effort.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I know Cabana, obviously, but who are the rest of them, Rob?The Cabana pic is ace, by the way.EDIT - Oh, and Holly Rocamora. When was that picture taken, if you don't mind me asking?

Edited by Gladstone Small
Posted (edited)

I know Cabana, obviously, but who are the rest of them, Rob?The Cabana pic is ace, by the way.EDIT - Oh, and Holly Rocamora. When was that picture taken, if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers dude RE the Cabana pic.First is Cabana vs Mike "Loco" Mason, from Progress Wrestling's debut show in Islington.The two posed pics are indeed of Holly and also Shanna, both taken at Southside Wrestling Entertainment's recent Speed King show in Nottingham.Fourth pic is Kay Lee Rae, mid-Swanton Bomb, for the most recent Pro Wrestling EVE iPPV show in Sudbury.Fifth is April Davids, whose currently out in Japan for Ice Ribbon. That was also taken at the No Man's Land EVE iPPV. Edited by Big Rob
Posted

One of the best photojournalists out there at the moment in my opinion is Martin Middlebrook. He does a ton of work in the middle east, and some of his images from Afghanistan are simply excellent;

 

clicky

  • Paid Members
Posted

I know Cabana, obviously, but who are the rest of them, Rob?The Cabana pic is ace, by the way.EDIT - Oh, and Holly Rocamora. When was that picture taken, if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers dude RE the Cabana pic.First is Cabana vs Mike "Loco" Mason, from Progress Wrestling's debut show in Islington.The two posed pics are indeed of Holly and also Shanna, both taken at Southside Wrestling Entertainment's recent Speed King show in Nottingham.Fourth pic is Kay Lee Rae, mid-Swanton Bomb, for the most recent Pro Wrestling EVE iPPV show in Sudbury.Fifth is April Davids, whose currently out in Japan for Ice Ribbon. That was also taken at the No Man's Land EVE iPPV.
Cheers for that, Rob. Was wondering what happened to Holly and if she was still wrestling.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I've finally found some time to edit a few photos I took in Venice back in March. They were all taken on my Sony NEX-5N. I was happy with the images as holiday snapshots but felt I could pull more out of them, so I took the RAW files and created -1, -2, +1 and +2 exposure compensations in Aperture, I then used the photo merge feature in Elements 10 to create the following HDR images. I am pretty pleased with how both turned out, they've taken an ordinary looking snapshot and turned it into something a little bit better.

 

The exterior of Cafe Florian on Piazza San Marco, a beautiful cafe that has been around since the 1700's, very very expensive though

7251145734_417726ef9b_z-1.jpg

 

A shot that nearly everyone takes when in Venice....

7264366882_e1ef4a7326_z-1.jpg

Edited by Richie
  • 10 months later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

Bump.

 

Need to buy a new camera and was looking at the Canon 5D Mk ii / Mk iii but the Canon 6D has some great write ups and is cheap for a Full Frame DSLR. Has anyone used one?

  • 6 months later...
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Had some good feedback on the photo's I took on the Remembrance Day, so thought I'd share a few of them here.

 

aDSC_0083b_zpsc08d72b4.jpg

 

aDSC_0078_zps28a74a3a.jpg

 

aDSC_008_zps2e5cefc2.jpg

 

This isn't how I planned for this photo to look. At the time I was kicking myself as I wanted a longer, faster lens so I could get a tighter shot on the boy and girl, and have the background as an undistracting blur as I felt it was their moment, and didn't want other faces in the shot. Switching cameras would have meant missing the shot though.

 

I was stood between two military families, who were trotting out automated, "Aaw, isn't he brave" and "I bet his Dad's proud" comments, as if it somehow justified this child losing a parent.

 

When I got home though, I was getting ready to start blurring the background out in Photoshop (which I shouldn't do, because it always looks artificial and generally wank) when I realised that nobody else in the picture was beaming with pride. All the other faces (and there is more, this is cropped quite a bit) have mouths clamped tightly shut and look uncomfortable with what's being paraded in front of them.

 

And so I dropped my usual approach to an image like thism which is to converted to black and white, deep shadows and textures accentuated and then duo-toned, and instead went with a colour palette like you'd see on photo's taken during the Falklands War, or from the 1980s conflicts with the IRA to try and portray just how shitty a situation like this is.

 

aDSC_6546_zps82f82891.jpg

 

And because you simply have to colour pop an image this. This took fucking ages, as the sun was behind the monument so it was in shadow and had no texture to it at all.

Edited by Nostalgia Nonce

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...