UKFF Photography Thread

matbro1984

• Paid Members

I

2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Ah man, they're ace!  Where about in Chorlton was it?

Cheers. They were taken in the Water Park. Tuned out to be a super sunny day which was a pain in the arse because it was so bright. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Thought it might have been there, it's really nice.  We go there and take pictures of the wildlife when we can.

Never been there before, it was a great place for a wander around. The group I was with split into morning and afternoon and the place was covered in fog in the morning and looked amazing. I was gutted I missed it. 

How's your photography going. Have you taken the plunge and started spending all your money on lenses yet?

13 minutes ago, chokeout said:

How's your photography going. Have you taken the plunge and started spending all your money on lenses yet?

Well, in the Chorlton FB group, someone was selling a Canon 1300 with a 30-50 and 70-300 lenses.  When she expressed her interest, he replied with the dreaded words "Make me an offer".  I suggested lowballing him with 150 quid and he replied with "Sold".  So she gave me her lenses and we both have a pair to take out with us now!

Took these at the Water Park.

IMG_0315IMG_0172

• Paid Members

I love my 70-300mm for portraits. Granted it's not the fastest of lenses, but that's what VR/OS is for and high ISOs are incredible these days. Just fill the frame as much as you can and make sure there's plenty of space behind your subject and it's good to go.

DSC_0009b.jpg

ukffDSC_0253.jpg

squirrelAPsurfdigby.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

That’s a cracking shot, Chest.

im still getting on with trying to get 52 portraits done. 

Really enjoying doing stuff away from the more corporate jobs / weddings and they’ve all been fun so far  

A434BE11-23CD-4E17-86EC-4DCB5A6D2ED5.jpeg

92570728-E759-4414-8F8C-014A0F1E3FD4.jpeg

Ive also bought a drone for work and have been playing around with that but haven’t really got many photos yet, more for video work. 

4CAC977C-8174-464A-97E6-E323A7AD1BD8.thumb.jpeg.58e216418b3d62ddc1547f8869d02754.jpeg

Edited by chokeout

• Paid Members

I was in Normandy over the weekend for the 74th anniversary of D-Day. I took a tonne of photos but I think these two are my favourites:

Charles Shay & Alan King at the Utah Beach Museum

1DB6EFAB-2116-4D54-B2BF-828F12BC9E7A.thumb.jpeg.c887b411a10f2e7c8df0289b0b8a6ddb.jpeg

Utah Beach sunset

021A1CBE-7804-4198-9970-3ED134CB57A9.thumb.jpeg.d176ff49a9bbfb3b8d6d390ed7c03efd.jpeg

I uploaded more here - http://bit.ly/normandy2018 - but I took an entire flicker book of the Band of Brothers actors so boredom is likely. All personal one (i.e. photos with me/my friends in them) have been removed.

• Paid Members

I’m so excited. It got confirmed today that next Thursday I’ll be spending the day with Rankin. He’s probably my all-time favourite photographer alongside David Bailey. I’ve no idea what to wear...

Dd26sTvVQAAJe_Z.jpg:large

A photo I got of the International Space Station crossing the moon a few weeks back. Probably the most technically challenging shot I've attempted, and only a matter of seconds to get it. It's a composite of 22 frames stacked on top of each other. 

Full write up on how to do it here: http://www.mathewbrowne.co.uk/how-to-photograph-an-iss-transit-of-the-moon/

• 2 weeks later...