The MMA General News & Events Thread

David

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Koscheck Vs Hendricks for the Fox show, according to Dana's titter, looking forward to this one.

Yeah I really like this fight aswell. I was suggesting that one after UFC 143. Makes a lot of sense and also has a nice little backstory with how Hendricks vs Fitch went and the Fitch/Kos ties.

It also pretty much confirms that the winner of Sanchez vs Ellenberger must be next for Condit. Diaz will be off the scene either suspended or retired and there's no-one else higher than them 2 currently imo.

Interesting times at 170. By the time Condit fights Sanchez or Ellenberger then GSP should be near returning and Diaz could even be close to coming back off suspension. And BJ Penn coming back is a possibility aswell, especially with UFC meant to be coming to Hawaii this year.

Then there's the Kos/Hendricks and Alves/Kampmann winners lurking. 170 is more interesting than it's been in ages.

there's the video of the Michael Page fight from last week's UCMMA show...this is how you make an MMA debut.

He was 2-2 before the fight. The guy he knocked out was the one making the debut

Nope, you are wrong.

Both of them were making their debuts, UCMMA simply just fucked up the 'tail of the tape' bit.

• Paid Members

yeh, the tale of the tapes thing are always wrong on UCMMA shows, i dunno who the hell writes em. By all accounts Michael Page is a legit striker. I went over on the Cage Warrior boards and there are lots of guys on there backing up his credentials as a pure striker.

Add him in the Stephen Thompson-club of traditional martial arts striker doing MMA. Of course it would be ridiculous to predict anything yet but that was an impressive debut whichever way you wanna look at it.

• Paid Members

yeh i like the Koscheck/Hendricks fight. It seems that in the next month or so the UFC are gonna sorta create a pack of contenders cause there's lot of good guys fightings. The winner's of Sanchez/Ellenberger, Koscheck/Hendricks & Kampmann/Alves will all seperate themseves from the pack a little. Fucking tight division.

Archived