The MMA General News & Events Thread

David

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lorenzo Fertitta tweeted this morning asking if people would watch TUF:Brazil with subtitles on UFC.COM if it were free? Hope this isn't an indication that they're not planning on screening it?

Dana white was saying on twitter that it didnt matter that it was in portugese, people should still check the show out

Tito Ortiz Vs. Forrest Griffin and Cain Velasquez Vs. Frank Mir have been confirmed.

God I hope Frank is in one of his 'I'm an amazing striker' moods and gets knocked the fuck out

It is a bad match up for him, he is not half as good a boxer as he would have you believe.

Big Nog had him beat last time out and if he would have continued punching him on the ground instead of trying to submit him, Nog would have finished Mir.

Cain got a bit overated in the stand up department after the Lesnar destruction job, he is a decent boxer but he is not on the level of Overeem or JDS. I would still think Cain is better than Mir if it comes down to a boxing match.

If Cain wants to keep it standing (which he will) he can keep it there as he is a far better offensive and defensive wrestler than Mir, I favor Cain by dictating where the fight takes place and winning standing up.

Forrest vs Ortiz will be a carbon copy of the second fight in my opinion, just that Ortiz may have a bit more sucsess with his improved boxing. Still he wont be able to takedwon Griffin consistantly enough to win rounds and Griffin will win on points quite clearly.

• Paid Members
God I hope Cain underestimates Mir, as does everybody, and gets knocked the fuck out.

Theres nothing to underestimate. Who has he beaten with punches in his entire career apart from an obviously off game Nog?. Mir has an insane groundgame but he has literally never KO'd anyone apart from Nog

• Paid Members
Mirko Cro Cop doesnt think so.

But yeah he should just submit Cain, thats the better gameplan :)

Ha Im not counting knees, we're talking boxing (but i did totally forget about that, probably blacked it out of my memory because i hate all the Pride guys getting fucked up)

He'll be shooting himself in the foot trying to stand. Should really come down to Cains takedown defense

I think Mir vs. Werdum would've been the better match-up rather than Mir vs. Cain. Both Mir & Werdum being great ground guys and both beginning to have alot of faith in their stand-up, they're kinda at the same place in terms of abilities which is why I think it would've been a good fight - mind that would've left Cain with no-one significant to fight but still.

Archived