The MMA General News & Events Thread

David

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

just found this has been released:

51u2DWPRRoL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

That flew under the radar. That's a must-read book for me, i've said it numerous times here that Goodridge is one of my all time favorite fighters. Just one of the ultimate blood and guts type fighters, it was a treat seeing him fight back in the day. Never a dull moment.

It's so sad to hear that Goodridge is paying the price for the style he fought right now, but you've gotta have massive respect for Big Daddy.

i hadn't heard that. I'm pretty sure it takes longer than 7 days for the usual drug testing results to come back though.

Maybe that is for PEDS, it is possible medical or marijuana may show up straight away

Or maybe he declared it late, ala Sonnen's claim for the Test-Restore...

• Paid Members

They might, but they still look like a bunch of Cockney wide boys looking for a scrap. David O'Donnell does himself no favours. It was comical as he introduced the 'Anderson Silva of Landun!!!' who got KO'd in a few seconds. I hate looking at their typical crowds. You see roided up, bald meatheads looking bored shitless when any fight hits the mat.

"Anyfin' can 'appen in this MMA stuff"

BAMMA seem to be going about it the right way, pity it's not them with the Fox deal.

• Paid Members
BAMMA seem to be going about it the right way, pity it's not them with the Fox deal.

This. For me BAMMA have offered a professional looking UK MMA company without resorting to the Cage Warriors 'lets ave a right tear up' shit that O'Donnell gives. I think BAMMA would have more chance of taking this opportunity & succeeding than CW will.

• Paid Members

That seems crazy that if he's living & training in California, where weed's legal as long as you've a weed card (prescription) that he can get pulled up for it in another state. As long as he wasn't taking it in Nevada you'd think there wouldn't be a problem.

They might, but they still look like a bunch of Cockney wide boys looking for a scrap. David O'Donnell does himself no favours. It was comical as he introduced the 'Anderson Silva of Landun!!!' who got KO'd in a few seconds. I hate looking at their typical crowds. You see roided up, bald meatheads looking bored shitless when any fight hits the mat.

"Anyfin' can 'appen in this MMA stuff"

I think you are confusing Cage Warriors with Cage Rage/UCMMA. Cage Warriors are one of the most professionally run MMA organisations in the world and Dave O'Donnell isn't associated with them in any way. He's with Cage Rage (or UCMMA as it's now known).

That seems crazy that if he's living & training in California, where weed's legal as long as you've a weed card (prescription) that he can get pulled up for it in another state. As long as he wasn't taking it in Nevada you'd think there wouldn't be a problem.

But then again if the weed is still in his system (which it obviously would be if he has failed a test) whilst he is in Nevada, they could probably bend that to say its illegal use.

Archived