The MMA General News & Events Thread

David

Rashad Evans/Jon Jones on chat show

couple of vids in there worth watching. I'd love for Evans to be a bit more specific in why he's calling Jones a 'fake' but this is interesting stuff. I still get the impression that Jones is not looking forward to this fight.

I hope Rashard knocks the shit outta Jones

(thanks for fixing the link)

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Rashad Evans/Jon Jones on chat show

couple of vids in there worth watching. I'd love for Evans to be a bit more specific in why he's calling Jones a 'fake' but this is interesting stuff. I still get the impression that Jones is not looking forward to this fight.

I hope Rashard knocks the shit outta Jones

(thanks for fixing the link)

I have to agree. I hope Evans gives Jones the humbling he so badly needs. Some of the shit coming out that guys mouth makes me feel ill.

"Right now I've got a picture of my foot in rampage's mouth but I never put it online, because you gotta win with grace"

"After I win this fight it's gonna be SOOO irrelevant. My storyline is so much bigger than this fight, so i'm trying to keep it classy"

What a tit.

His talk about how him talking about how great he is and that look at Muhammed Ali etc etc who did the same thing is ridiculous. Ali didn't refer to anyone else to justify his talk. The problem is Jones is now sounding like a bible bashing nutcase.

I've always liked Rashad ever since his coaching stint on TUF 10. For me, despite some of his trash talk, always comes across extremely humble.

EDIT:- FULL 21 minute interview...

http://www.ufc.com/media/145-JONES-EVANS-CSS

• Paid Members

spot on Lamby. Jones' talk is just weird shit, it does come across as fake and forced. A lot of time in fights i find it hard to root for a certain guy cause im a fan of so many guys but i really wanna see Rashad Evans take out Jon Jones.

• Paid Members

I'm Rashad all the way. Although Jones has been amazing to watch & certainly has a long & successful career ahead of him Rashad is the fucking man & I wanna see him KO Bones then stand over him twiddling his nipples.

• Paid Members

Add me to to the Rashad club too. I always hate that he's booed (unfairly IMO) by the crowd despite seemingly being a good bloke. I think he will be crowd favourite here though, and would love to see him get the win and knock Jones off his perch.

I actually really like Jones, if only for the fact that before he won it the belt kept changing hands all the time. I do think Rashad most probably has the best chance of taking the belt off Jones of anyone due to training with him and knowing how he fights a lot better than anyone else he's faced. I do see Jones as someone who is constantly improving and the Jones you see now is not the same guy that Rashad trained with. We'll just have to wait and see when it comes to the fight.

The "Blackzilians" have had a pretty mediocre record since they formed, think only Rashad has won this year. Jon Jones will maul him, I have no doubt about that, I actually think Rashad should return to Jacksons and perhaps move down to 185 if he loses. Anderson is getting on and his wrestling isn't the greatest, Rashad could be a bad match up for him.

Anyone seen Rampage's recent interview where he rips Joe Rogan? - http://www.fullmount.co.uk/index.php/multi...lates-joe-rogan

"You know he's got good jiu-jitsu because he's so biased against jiu-jitsu guys. You can hear it in his voice. Whenever a guy is a jiu-jitsu fighter he's playing rusty trombone. I don't think you should talk down, you should be neutral. When I used to fight in PRIDE, watch Bas Rutten and Stephen Quadros on commentary. Those guys were my good friends and you couldn't even tell when they were doing commentary. We hung out outside of work sometimes, we were good friends but when I fought they weren't biased towards me. They did their job. They weren't biased towards skills or anything like that. That's the way it should be. Sometimes you can hear him because Joe Rogan has one of those girly high-ass voices. I just wanna tell him to shut the fuck up sometimes."

Thoughts? It should be interesting is Rogan talks to him on the broadcast Saturday night. Personally, I love Rogan's commentary and don't think he comes across as bias at all.

I couldn't disagree with your opinion on Joe Rogan more Art, he's a massive mark for himself and is almost always over the top one sidedly biased towards particular guys he does like and sometimes against particular guys he dislikes. He regularly comes out with massively unprofessional moments as well for example his in octagon questioning of Yamasaki following the DQ for back of the head strikes decision whilst smugly announcing to him that he was wrong when he himself had had the time to have watched several replays of the incident in which time to make his own mind up.

His ''comedy'' is fucking shit too.

Archived