The MMA General News & Events Thread

David

The "Blackzilians" have had a pretty mediocre record since they formed, think only Rashad has won this year. Jon Jones will maul him, I have no doubt about that, I actually think Rashad should return to Jacksons and perhaps move down to 185 if he loses. Anderson is getting on and his wrestling isn't the greatest, Rashad could be a bad match up for him.

Whats more worrying is Rashards cardio it wasn't up to scratch when he faced Phil Davis and Rashards game plan must be to push Jones into a corner or have the strength and cardio to hold him down for 5 rounds like he did with Rampage.

If he does lose then yet like Roy Nelson a drop to 185 would seem fit. Chael Sonnen Vs Rashard Evans would be a trash talk wrestlefest.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
The "Blackzilians" have had a pretty mediocre record since they formed, think only Rashad has won this year. Jon Jones will maul him, I have no doubt about that, I actually think Rashad should return to Jacksons and perhaps move down to 185 if he loses. Anderson is getting on and his wrestling isn't the greatest, Rashad could be a bad match up for him.

Whats more worrying is Rashards cardio it wasn't up to scratch when he faced Phil Davis and Rashards game plan must be to push Jones into a corner or have the strength and cardio to hold him down for 5 rounds like he did with Rampage.

If he does lose then yet like Roy Nelson a drop to 185 would seem fit. Chael Sonnen Vs Rashard Evans would be a trash talk wrestlefest.

Not sure why you would think there was a problem with Evans' cardio against Davis. He handled Davis with complete ease. A man similar in size and stature to Jones too. It didn't even look like Rashad broke a sweat to be honest.

I was actually impressed with Evans in that fight. He completely dominated Davis to the point where I don't even think Davis got a straight shot in.

I couldn't disagree with your opinion on Joe Rogan more Art, he's a massive mark for himself and is almost always over the top one sidedly biased towards particular guys he does like and sometimes against particular guys he dislikes.

I like Rogan and far prefer him to Goldie, but there is no denying he is ridiculously biased towards his friends and guys he likes; the worst example that comes to mind is the Jose Aldo vs Kenny Florian title fight from UFC 136. Not that he was the only one as Goldie was equally as bad, but the pair of them were all over Florian's nuts that fight, and the level of favouritism that they were showing him was bordering on embarrassing. I challenge anyone to watch that fight, and then say that Rogan doesn't play favourites.

Goldie is just stupid and has no real knowledge or understanding of the sport. It's not fair to mock the afflicted. Rogan has training in boxing and jiu jitsu (as well as having one of the scariest spinning back kicks you'll ever see). He should really know better. Naturally, my rage at him is greatest during Diaz fights, but the way he will (often wrongly) say that one guy is winning a fight and the judges don't know what they're doing when they judge against him infuriates me. His selectiveness in criticising judges is ricockulous, especially since it's so all over the place. Opinion is fine from a colour guy, but he needs to decide his position and stick to it, not say that guys he doesn't like are losing when they're not or winning when they're not and then twist the facts to suit his personal biases.

Nick Diaz's fate maybe known tomorrow as they Commision are meeting and he is heavily rumored to be on the agenda.

Apperently he has hired a very good lawyer, one who has serious ties and connections in Vegas, as he is the son of the Major of Vegas. Some think he may have a slight chance of getting of if he pleads ignorance to the rules and regulations of marijana use in Nevada.

If he does not get off, he should get between 9-12 months suspension as a repeat offender. As a huge Diaz fan I hope he gets away with it, but I must say I will be suprised if he does even with the top lawyer he has brought in.

• Paid Members

Marquadt's a good signing for Strikeforce, since the UFC move they've pretty much kept cards going with the current roster, Marquadt's the first sign that the promotion's prepared to sign new guys. Marquadt/Woodley it's looking like, they might as well stick the vacant title on the winner of that.

As for Teixeira, that's one of the most over-due signings in MMA, Teixeira's been wrecking folks for years and he's been rumored to be signing with the UFC and other promotion's for years.

• Paid Members

oh yeh! i never thought of that.

I think they might look at the winner of Misaski/Daley against the winner of Woodley/Marquadt for the strap. That's harsh on Woodley but i think that's what they'll do.

I'm hoping Dan gets back onto a winning streak, he's a good bloke and has obviously used the time off to improve on his ground game. The only reason he wasn't released after losing 3 in a row is because he is marketable to the UFC, but I fear another loss and he will be out on his arse, or at least signed up to Strikeforce.

Archived