The Strikeforce Event Discussion Thread

David

• Paid Members
Whisper it quietly, but I really fancy Scott Smith. He has so much drive and heart, I think he can beat semtex.

Is it the new six pack that did it for you or the intensity in his eyes? :D

Nah, I get your point. That's the beauty of Scott Smith (see I'm doing it now), you never know what's gonna happen in his fights and even when he's getting schooled he can pull a win out the bag in the last minute of the fight.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

i fancy Daley, i dunno how Smith will look at 170, he might be fucked. Daley has also has a tendency to throw brutal body shots and Scott Smith has been dropped by a body shot about 4 times in his career, he don't like getting hit there. I don't actually think it's gonna be a great fight, i'm anticipating a bit of a standoff.

• Paid Members

i see Lawler dropping Lindland too...i'll be rooting for The Law, but he has a tendency to get laid out by strikers, Lawler's defensive wrestling might be enough to keep this on the feet and throw the KO punch.

I also see Henderson landing a trademark right hand...Babalu likes to stand and trade, even when it doesn't favour him, he's had a success with it but sometimes he just gets waffled...Henderson KO!!!!

This whole card is great...fucking great weekend!!

I really enjoyed this Strikeforce card.

Some amazing knockouts/stoppages on show

Babalu falls victim again to some heavy ground n pound. Paul Daley shows he's still able to knockout anyone with one punch. I enjoyed the Big Foot Silva fight more than the others due to the first round being so much in Kyle's favour, amazing escape by Kyle from the Darche choke.

Strikeforce: Henderson vs. Babalu spoilers:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

The last three fights (Robbie Lawler vs. Matt Lindland, Paul Daley vs. Scott Smith and Dan Henderson vs. Renato Sobral) had three brutal KO's in a row. Hard to pick which of the three was the worst but Lawler/Lindland gets my nod.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Moderators

I were dead wrong then about Daley vs Smith.

Anyone else reckon that maybe it's time Matt Lindland calls it a day? He's had a couple of horrible knockouts over the past 2 years, and just generally doesn't seem to be nearly what he was.

Wow that is the best Strikeforce card ive seen, and they have had some good ones

Lawler and Daley both could be knock out of the year, ad Mike Kyle may have impressed more than ever in a losing effort

I agree with the above about Lindland its sad he didnt get his shot in 2005 against Franklin and he has some justification to be as bitter as he is, but after that knock out and other recent outings I think its time he hung up the gloves, it was that first fight with affliction where he won but looked dreadful that seemed where he lost it, then can Belfort, Jacare and now Lawler

Big Babulu fan but he is another past his best or rather the sport has past him by, havent been impessed by him in years, Hendo vs Fejao looks on the cards as I think the text vote with Kyle will be ignored

Tremendous show and obviously WAY better than the UFC's Mike Kyle looked awesome and was the only really shock of the night but seemed to punch himself out but Big Foot gradually composed himself while getting punched and seemed fresh coming into the second round. Those bombs he was hitting Kyle with were awesome.

Lawler-Lindland went the way I thought it would, Lindland needs to retire as he's gotten knocked out like that a few times and it was genuinely scary watching him after the fight, also liked Lawler's beard~

Semtex-Smith ended in another KO that was hardly surprising with the way both fight, Daley looked great but he always does against bangers but fortunately for him KJ Noons and Nick Diaz both like to stand and bang.

Henderson should never fight at 185 again he just loses something down there, Babalu has seen better days and I wouldn't mind seeing Henderson-Mousasi & Feijao-Kyle next year.

Time for Linland to hang it up, sadly. I have zero interest in watching him get knocked out badly over and over. Stupid fight.

Time for Smith to hang it up, too. I have less than zero interest in watching a guy with no head movement or real skill set get matched up with top line strikers and repeatedly knocked out. It's just sadism. Grisly fight.

The opener to that card was one of the most cringe worthy fights I've ever seen - a guy with no defense and a guy still unable to stop him. Sad.

Kyle/Bigfoot was good fun, but pretty stupid match making.

Of course, there was at least one good thing on the show - WAR HENDO! Shame it wasn't against someone better, but hopefully we see him get a real gamer next.

Awesome KO by Daley, would love to see him vs Noons next. Highlight of that was just after the KO, Daley going next to the announcers "Shamrock! Hey Frank, whats up with that?" after Shamrock had been saying publicly he thought Smith would win the fight (so much for unbias commentators).

Only me that cringed at the KO? Not the punch itself but at Smiths legs tensed up on the ground from it.

I can't remember if it was in this thread or in another thread where I said I wanted Lawler to KO Lindland to shut up the talking heads from the "Fighting Politics" documentary but Lawler did it. All those Sherdoggers know nothing. Franklin would have done it in '05, he would have done it last week.

Archived