The Strikeforce Event Discussion Thread

David

• Paid Members

i have, don't know why but ive always liked Lindland...actually i lie, i remember dreading his fight with Lutter waaaay back in the day cause i thought it would be a snoozefest, it turned out alright then. I think since then i've been a fan.

Sucks the fight is off.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yeah that Lindland-Lutter was really good.Really liked it and one of Lindland's best performances,tapping out Lutter is no small feat.

I grew to appreciate Lindland more over the years seeing his 2 belting fights with Phil Baroni,his performance against Pat Miletich,his IFL fight vs Jeremy Horn and I liked the fight he had with Rampage too,still think Lindland got a raw deal from the judges in that one though.

Aw, fuck.

Are they not looking for a replacement?

As strange as it sounds, i've always been a Lindland fan.

Doesn't look like it. According to MMAJunkie it appears they are just scrapping it completely, and not looking to find a replacement opponent for Lindland. Official word from Coker is that it will be replaced by the Tyron Woodley/Andre Galvao fight, which although previously reported, was one of those which hadn't been officially announced by the company yet.

Paul Daley is set to take on Scott Smith on the December 4th card according to Bloodyelbow, the fight will be in the Welterweight division

Daley should pick him apart as Scott Smith is daft enough to stand with him.

rumoured card

Dan Henderson vs. Renato 'Babalu' Sobral

Herschel Walker vs. TBA

Antonio Silva vs. Valentijn Overeem

Paul Daley vs. Scott Smith

• Paid Members

Smith will stand with him though, sometimes it goes Smith's way, other times it don't...that's pretty much the reason why Strikeforce love Scott Smith so much. Should be a good one.

Interesting to note though it's Smith's first fight at WW, he was originally meant to be on the card fighting a local guy, i think that might have been the best way to go...going straight in against Daley might be a mistake.

Ah, it was an OK promotional video. Noons had his number in that first fight but Diaz wasn't physically or mentally in the right place, killing himself to get down to 160 lbs and having fought just about 8 weeks previously.

Now, the omens are on Diaz's side and it's a different fight. Diaz has tons of confidence, beating pretty much the best guys he can get in DREAM and Strikeforce. He's at a more comfortable weight, the Stockton Slap is working again and he doesn't seem insistent on turning every bout into a boxing match. Noons is a boxing middleweight, sometimes even fighting as light as light middleweight, and he's undersized for the weight. He's only been back in MMA in 2010 after two years of continuing his terrible boxing career and he's hardly been impressive.

• Paid Members

can't wait for the main event. I fancy Noons. Nick Diaz has a habit of beating guys standing who you don't expect him too, but i think Noons might be the one guy he can't outbox. Noons is the kind of guy who can brawl but he stays technical so i just see him beating Nick to the punch. Should be a great fight, if Diaz decides him to take him to the ground i give him the advantage but being Diaz he'll no doubt keep this on the feet which is where i favour Noons.

Gonna be a war.

• Paid Members

people are a little confused at Diaz' attitude in the build-up, he seems uninterested and despite the fact that this is being billed as 'grudge match' the build up has been anything other than heated. Noons has said a few things but Diaz doesn't react. Kinda weird, and probably annoying to Strikeforce who need this thing to sell.

predictions people?

• Paid Members

I'm going with Diaz in this one.Should be good though and Noons is good enough on the feet to beat Diaz for sure.I guess it depends if Diaz lets his ego get in the way because if he can get Noons to the ground he should win this fairly comfortably.If he tries to prove he's the better striker he could still win but it's much more risky.

Can't wait though,this is a rematch that needed to happen.The way the last fight ended was a disappointment and not a way you'd want to win or lose a fight so neither guy would've been happy with it,both guys will be looking to make a point this time.

Overall though I just think Diaz has more ways to win and he's in such good form lately,he's really on a roll.I think Diaz will stand for a bit,maybe he'll get tagged/hurt and then look to take it to the mat.I'm going with Diaz by submission in a tough fight.

Archived