The Strikeforce Event Discussion Thread

David

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope Miller schools that asshole... for not playing the game diaz sure wants to make headlines...

Trying to fight Mayhem Miller en route to a press conference is exactly the sort of thing you can't do when you're playing the game Dana White-style.

i got the translation wrong.. Yeah i meant that diaz is an asshole and he's NOT playing the game :).

*egg on face*

One thing i like about MMA is that the sport itself is violent enough without these guys wanting to look tough outside of the ring.. respect must have its place in MMA.. Trash talking is part of the sport if you're into it but just getting into fights is stupid..

Plus when you're an MMA fighter... throwing waterbottles isnt really exciting, more boring.

One thing i like about MMA is that the sport itself is violent enough without these guys wanting to look tough outside of the ring.. respect must have its place in MMA.. Trash talking is part of the sport if you're into it but just getting into fights is stupid..

Yeah, but you have to realise that for every GSP, Randy Couture and Jon Fitch, there's always going to be someone who's not quite the sharpest knife in the drawer that just happens to have a knack for MMA.

Diaz is one such gentleman.

• 3 weeks later...

The card for Challengers 12 looks like this so far;

Vitor "Shaolin" Ribeiro vs. Justin Wilcox

Ryan Couture vs. Juan Zapata

Antwain Britt vs. Ovince St. Preux

Liz Carmouche vs. Jan Finney

A women's welterweight bout between Jan Finney (8-8 MMA, 0-1 SF) and undefeated prospect Liz Carmouche (4-0 MMA, 1-0 SF) is targeted for the televised main card of Strikeforce Challengers 12.

MMAjunkie.com today confirmed the bout with Strikeforce officials. MMARising.com first reported it earlier today.

Strikeforce Challengers 12 takes place Nov. 19 at the Jackson Convention Complex in Jackson, Miss., and airs live on Showtime.

The bout is Finney's first contest since she vied for the Strikeforce women's middleweight (145-pound) title in June at "Strikeforce and M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Werdum." "Cuddles" took on reigning champ Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos and was battered with punches and knees before referee Kim Winslow waved off the bout shortly after the midway point of the second round.

In fact, Winslow's stoppage drew pointed criticism from many observers who felt she let Finney take too much punishment before stepping in. Finney, however, defended the referee.

"What are they saying? That the referee should have stopped in sooner or (that) my corner should have thrown in the towel? I mean, come on," she said in an interview with MMAjunkie.com. "It's my decision, and leave those people out of it."

Prior to taking the title opportunity, Finney racked up back-to-back wins in a women's 135-pound MMA tournament with the Freestyle Cage Fighting promotion.

Carmouche, meanwhile, has made a quick splash on the women's MMA scene this year with four professional victories. She made her Strikeforce debut at Strikeforce Challengers 10, where she bested Colleen Schneider by unanimous decision. Most recently, she earned a TKO victory over Valentina Shevchenko in regional competition.

As MMAjunkie.com reported over the weekend, Strikeforce officials also are finalizing an event co-headliner between Ryan Couture (1-0 MMA, 1-0 SF) and fellow welterweight Juan Zapata (1-1 MMA, 0-0 SF).

Herschel Walker's next opponent has been confirmed as Scott Carson (scheduled for the Hendo vs Babalu card). Never heard of him myself, but he is 4-1 and 40 years of age. He didn't fight for 9 years from 2001, fought once this year, and lost.

In other words, he's a can.

Archived