The Strikeforce Event Discussion Thread

David

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ill say this for Diaz

With King Mo losing and being out for 9 months,with Lashley and Fedor losing, Strikeforce are short on draws

Diaz is now probably there only drawing card not damaged in recent times and not in need of rebuilding plus he has three interesting and competative grudge matches in Strikeforce that they can do

The Noons fight for a start, them Mayhem and Riggs, Diaz headlined the most watched Strikeforce Showtime card this year, he did have a hell of a undercard beneath him but so did Fedor against Werdum and he outdrew him and King Mo last week

Diaz maybe Strikeforces most valuble asset love him or hate him

Diaz maybe Strikeforces most valuble asset love him or hate him

That very fact makes me want to cry.

Diaz is nothing more than a mid-level UFC fighter at best.

He isnt the best in the world but aside from GSP, Fitch, Kos, and maybe Alves and Sheilds I think he would beat everyone else at Welterweight in the UFC, id favour him over Hardy, Kampman, Hughes, Swick and Thigo and the rest

He isnt the best in the world but aside from GSP, Fitch, Kos, and maybe Alves and Sheilds I think he would beat everyone else at Welterweight in the UFC, id favour him over Hardy, Kampman, Hughes, Swick and Thigo and the rest

I'd agree with him being favoured over Hughes now, but Hardy? Kampmann? Alves?

Come on man.

Strikeforce have been keeping him away from wrestlers, in case he got LNP'd. Jay Hieron should have had a shot at him long ago, I don't think anybody besides GSP would maul him but many would take him down and win on points. I know he doesn't fight in the UFC anymore but Paul Daley would easily outstrike him, if it stayed standing.

Strikeforce have been keeping him away from wrestlers, in case he got LNP'd. Jay Hieron should have had a shot at him long ago, I don't think anybody besides GSP would maul him but many would take him down and win on points. I know he doesn't fight in the UFC anymore but Paul Daley would easily outstrike him, if it stayed standing.

Shit, i'd forgotten all about Hieron and the carry-on with him not getting a shot at Diaz.

Yeah, you're right.

I'd agree with him being favoured over Hughes now, but Hardy? Kampmann? Alves?

Come on man.

Remember he is a massive welterweight, look how he dwarfed Frank Shamrock

Alves is a bad match up for him ill give you that and Kampmann would have shot if he could turn into into a grapple fest but even then Diaz is very good on the mat, id favor him clearly over Hardy as much as I like Hardy

With Heiron thats 3 people lining up beind Noons to face Diaz in Strikeforce if you count Mayhem and Riggs

With Heiron thats 3 people lining up beind Noons to face Diaz in Strikeforce if you count Mayhem and Riggs

Hieron won't be getting a crack at Diaz any time soon.

He's the one guy from the bunch who would most likely beat him.

• Paid Members

Hieron won't be getting a crack at Diaz any time soon.

He's the one guy from the bunch who would most likely beat him.

Hieron could be leaving Strikeforce soon anyway if comments on his Twitter are anything to go by.His contract's up and he seems to want out.Can't say I blame him the way they messed him about.

Would like to see him in the UFC but I think he'll have a rough time with the top guys at 170.

• Paid Members

Here's what Scott Coker said about it from MMAJunkie last week

"Here's the thing,Jay Hieron doesn't have any fights left with us. He's just in a matching period. The only thing he would have to do is if he has an offer, he has to bring it to us.But he doesn't have fights with Strikeforce, no.

Coker wasn't immediately sure when the matching period ends, but he hasn't given up hope on re-signing the 34-year-old fighter.

"I think my guys are talking to him"

I doubt they'll talk him into staying though.He's supposed to have been unhappy for a while now and seems like he's just waiting to go to the UFC like Shields did.

Finally caught up with this show. Few thoughts:

1. Lashley was robbed. Stood up for a cut inspection, didn't get his position back, then he's stopped after the round ends despite being hit repeatedly on the back of the head. Jon Schorle needs his license pulled. Not a fan of Bobby Lashley, his tenure as a wrestler was after I stopped watching, but that was sub-Mazzagatti refereeing.

2. Kerry Hatley was weak as piss in the Noons/Gurgel fight. If the leg hit the face before a stoppage was made, Noons should be disqualified. If there was a stoppage, Hatley needs to be more forceful in ending the fight and Noons should be in front of the commission. Either way, it's sub-Mazzagatti refereeing. Again.

3. Typical Feijao win. Does very little, passive, almost uninterested and then suddenly puts his opponent in trouble and finishes him. Just amazing.

Oh and on Nick Diaz. I think he's better now than he's ever been. He'd be a top level UFC welterweight. However, as Dana White has said, he refuses to play the game, he's anti-game, and as such, he'll never fight in the UFC again.

Archived