The Strikeforce Event Discussion Thread

David

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

ok, now with the Champions moving over...obviously Melendez is going straight into a title fight (and rightfully so), and Grand Prix Champion Cormier's future seemingly mapped out, what do you do with the other two Strikeforce Champions? Luke Rockhold & Tarec Saffiedine.

Saffiedine's coming was on the final show and i people dont put Rockhold on to the same pedestal of a champion like Gilbert Melendez.

If they both enter the UFC, where do you put them?

• Paid Members

That's really tricky. They're both kind of fucked by who the champs are in their divisions. There's just so many more interesting/marketable fights to be made for Anderson and GSP. Not least of which against each other.

Just off the top of my head without putting too much thought into it, I'd maybe do...

Rockhold vs Okami/Lombard winner - you'd have to think the winner of this would be in the title shot talk. Maybe not Okami. If not this, maybe Rockhold vs Jacare 2 is the fight to make? I don't know man. Rockhold vs Philippou? Cung Le?

For Saffiedine, perhaps the winner of Fitch vs Maia. If Saffiedine were to beat a Fitch or Maia, especially in impressive fashion, he could make a case. Maybe Saffiedine vs Hendricks.

It's tough. I think they both have to come in vs a top contender though.

Anderson has said that if Bisping loses he would like to fight Rockhold, it's obviously a much better stylistic match up than a Weidman fight both are quite unknown and probably wont do a big buyrate, so why not take the easier fight.

I think Saffiedine Vs Kampmann would be a pretty decent fight, i know he got destroyed in his last fight but he's still a top 10 UFC WW.

Archived