Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

There was at least 2 movies of The Flash released from that series (The other is called Revenge of The Trickster), I think they were all 2/3 episodes re-edited into film length. That costume is still quality. Im sure a lot of the episodes are up to stream / download on Stagevu as well

• Paid Members
I got it out of the video shop initially and it was billed as a standalone film, but when the show made it to TV it was used as the first episode.

We used to have the film (pilot) in the video shop where I worked. It's ace & one of the better origin stories. Mark Hamill's in it I think?

• Paid Members
Met Henry Cavil in the pub yesterday near work. Top bloke.

I met him last year (by chance too, I wasn't stalking him or anything) we had a chat and he was a great guy. He's fucking sexy too. I knew then he'd be a great Superman and he was, I hope he goes on to have a great career.

The Hollywood Reporter reports Warner Bros. and Snyder are looking at six specific actors to fill the cape and cowl for the Man of Steel sequel. THR cites "numerous sources" that the studio looks to cast a Bruce Wayne/Batman in "the late 30s or around the 40 mark" and the character will be "established and rugged."

Reportedly, the six actors at the top of the studio and director's current list are Josh Brolin, Ryan Gosling, Joe Manganiello, Richard Armitage, Max Martini and Matthew Goode.

Edited by DJM

• Paid Members

I read that earlier, I'm excited about getting an all new rugged older Batman with no origin story. I think Joe Manganiello might get it, I don't know what I'm basing it on but unless someone more famous snaps it up who hasn't been mentioned yet I think he could be in with a chance. It's early days yet though, it will probably be none of those dudes.

• Paid Members
Regarding Flash, Steve, do you remember the old movie and spin off TV show? I absolutely loved them as a kid, but have not seen them again since and have never heard anyone talk about them.

I'd like to check out the film to see how it aged..

We were talking about this in work last week. A bit of a forgotten classic. Excellent storylines, and the effects for the time were amazing.

Caught up with my missing Marvel films over the weekend, watching Captain America and Thor.

Thought both were great. I like how each film in what I'm going to name the Avengers Sequence, for wont of something better, has a different tone. Captain America was great at the cyberpunk-y WW2 stuff, and I thought Branagh made a good fist of taking the ridiculous Thor concept and storyline and making it entertaining. Particularly enjoyed the running joke where he kept getting hit by Natalie Portman's woman driver. Not high art, but they're not meant to be; they are something to enjoy and share with your family.

They've done a really great job of casting, getting people that really become the characters, and all the cross-fertilization between the films is exactly what comic book adaptations should be like. The whole thing is a good blend of camp, action, comedy and visual effects. D.C take note - more like this, less like the Batman films, please.

EDIT: a similar probably idiotic question as my X-Men question, but... why no Spiderman in these films?

Edited by Loki

EDIT: a similar probably idiotic question as my X-Men question, but... why no Spiderman in these films?

Rights issues hence the hastey remake/reimagining of the new ish films to stop them reverting to Marvel from Sony

• Paid Members
Caught up with my missing Marvel films over the weekend, watching Captain America and Thor.

Thought both were great. I like how each film in what I'm going to name the Avengers Sequence, for wont of something better, has a different tone. Captain America was great at the cyberpunk-y WW2 stuff, and I thought Branagh made a good fist of taking the ridiculous Thor concept and storyline and making it entertaining. Particularly enjoyed the running joke where he kept getting hit by Natalie Portman's woman driver. Not high art, but they're not meant to be; they are something to enjoy and share with your family.

They've done a really great job of casting, getting people that really become the characters, and all the cross-fertilization between the films is exactly what comic book adaptations should be like. The whole thing is a good blend of camp, action, comedy and visual effects. D.C take note - more like this, less like the Batman films, please.

Spiderman move rights are not owned by marvel/disney. I think sony have them?

Edited by quote the raven