Paid Members Bellenda Carlisle Posted July 19, 2013 Author Paid Members Posted July 19, 2013 Me too man, he would've been incredible. Unsurprisingly I think Nic Cage could've done it justice at one point too. Even as a kid I thought Nicholson was too old, fat and immobile but I appreciate him a bit more in my old age. Heath Ledger was ok, but way overrated and was ridiculously deified after he kicked the bucket. The Joker lives on and I'd love to see someone else have a crack at it. Quote
Paid Members chokeout Posted July 19, 2013 Paid Members Posted July 19, 2013 Kurt Russell as Bruce Wayne would have been amazing. I am now sad this never happened. Can we start a campaign to have him play Batman in a version of The Dark Knight Returns? Quote
Paid Members Bellenda Carlisle Posted July 19, 2013 Author Paid Members Posted July 19, 2013 Only if said campaign also supports Nic Cage plays the Joker. Quote
Guest Posted July 19, 2013 Posted July 19, 2013 Me too man, he would've been incredible. Unsurprisingly I think Nic Cage could've done it justice at one point too. Even as a kid I thought Nicholson was too old, fat and immobile but I appreciate him a bit more in my old age. Heath Ledger was ok, but way overrated and was ridiculously deified after he kicked the bucket. The Joker lives on and I'd love to see someone else have a crack at it. it'd be a funny old world if we all thought alike... Quote
Paid Members Scott Malbranque Posted July 19, 2013 Paid Members Posted July 19, 2013 A live action Dark Knight Returns with Russell as Bruce Wayne and Nic Cage as The Joker would actually be fuckin interesting, wouldn't it? Quote
Paid Members chokeout Posted July 19, 2013 Paid Members Posted July 19, 2013 Only if said campaign also supports Nic Cage plays the Joker. NO DEAL JOBS! Quote
PSF Posted July 19, 2013 Posted July 19, 2013 Tim Curry as the Joker would be amazing, although I would never replace Nicholson in the original. Curry just has that smile that would fit really well. It may also be the IT link that makes him fit quite well. Imagine that in that Batcave! Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted July 19, 2013 Paid Members Posted July 19, 2013 Tim Curry as the Joker would be amazing, although I would never replace Nicholson in the original. Curry just has that smile that would fit really well. It may also be the IT link that makes him fit quite well. Imagine that in that Batcave! I read that Tim Curry did record some Joker for the Batman cartoon, but was replaced for being just too unhinged, and scary to kids. Quote
Vamp Posted July 19, 2013 Posted July 19, 2013 Brosnan would have made a good Bruce Wayne, I'm not so sure he'd have made a good Batman though. And I'm a big Brosnan fan. I kinda feel we never got to see him at his best really. Quote
Paid Members Scott Malbranque Posted July 19, 2013 Paid Members Posted July 19, 2013 Brosnan would have made a good Bruce Wayne, I'm not so sure he'd have made a good Batman though. And I'm a big Brosnan fan. I kinda feel we never got to see him at his best really. Like Kilmer really. Fantastic Bruce Wayne, but shit Batmang. This is probably my favourite scene in any Batman movie, ever. Has no relevance to much, but my word, what a delivery: Quote
Paid Members chokeout Posted July 19, 2013 Paid Members Posted July 19, 2013 Couple of images from Days Of future past are doing the rounds Colossus had already been announced but heres the first look at him, along with Bishop (Hoping for Cable to make an apperance as well) The sheer amount of characters announced for this is insane, and the screenplay has been written by the guy who did Xmen: Last stand. If Singer wasnt directing id put money on it all going to shit. Also Total Film posted this pic from SDCC of what looks to be one of the Sentinel heads Quote
Moderators Astro Hollywood Posted July 19, 2013 Moderators Posted July 19, 2013 If Singer wasnt directing id put money on it all going to shit. Singer directing is a good reason it probably is going to shit -- nothing but garbage for the last decade. Quote
Paid Members chokeout Posted July 19, 2013 Paid Members Posted July 19, 2013 If Singer wasnt directing id put money on it all going to shit. Singer directing is a good reason it probably is going to shit -- nothing but garbage for the last decade. Valkyrie had some beautiful shots in it and was decent enough and Jack the Giant Slayer was nothing amazing but it was fun enough for a family blockbuster. Superman Returns was shit though Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted July 19, 2013 Awards Moderator Posted July 19, 2013 Couple of images from Days Of future past are doing the rounds Colossus had already been announced but heres the first look at him, along with Bishop (Hoping for Cable to make an apperance as well) Is Bishop the character played by Omar Sy? He looks cool. Colossus is the same actor as the first trilogy, yes? Quote
Paid Members chokeout Posted July 19, 2013 Paid Members Posted July 19, 2013 Yep Colussus is played by the same guy as in X2 and Last Stand. Be nice to see him get a decent fight scene in this as he was always a favourite growing up. The only thing I can see this film leading to is an almighty mutant smackdown versus the sentinels would could be something amazing. There's also a pic of Hugh Jackman up looking very Old Man Logan. And yep Omar Sy is Bishop. In the comics he s a time traveller so will probably be the link between the two separate casts Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.