Paid Members Bellenda Carlisle Posted July 19, 2013 Author Paid Members Posted July 19, 2013 I've never really liked the X-Men, especially the 90s ones like Bishop and the movies aren't my favourites either but I'm really curious about this new one, it seems to have loads going on and be quite convoluted for a Superhero film. New 4 and a half minute Kick-Ass 2 trailer, looks entertaining enough, I liked the first one a lot and I can't see this one having the same charm, I've read the comic and it's really over the top. Jim Carrey looks cool. Quote
Paid Members quote the raven Posted July 20, 2013 Paid Members Posted July 20, 2013 So they heading the different timeline way with xmen now? Or are we supposed to forget all the holes first class left if its supposed to tie into xmen? Quote
Paid Members Foale Posted July 21, 2013 Paid Members Posted July 21, 2013 Batman/Superman film officially announced for 2015 at Comic-Con. Link Quote
iamtheman Posted July 21, 2013 Posted July 21, 2013 (edited) “I want you to remember Clark, in all the years to come. In all your private moments. In all the years to come, my hand at your throat. I want you to remember, the one man who beat you.” Well I bet Batman won't be an old man in this but I still still see Batman beating superman because he's more popular at the box office followed by the team up against some greater foe. There must be a reason for that quote from The dark knight returns. With Snyder and especially Goyer still on board my hopes won't be getting too high anyway and I still think there should be another superman movie but they have to rush it to counter marvel and god knows who they will get for batman. 2015 is ridiculously stacked also avengers 2 has a title and Tom hiddleston introduced the marvel panel in character. Edited July 21, 2013 by iamtheman Quote
Paid Members chokeout Posted July 21, 2013 Paid Members Posted July 21, 2013 (edited) Also Avengers 2 is officially called Age of Ultron which means we'll probably be getting Vision making an appearance as well. The batman / superman thing is cool but a bit odd. They read out a passage from The Dark Knight Returns then immediately distanced themselves, saying it wouldn't be based on Frank Millers work. "I want you to remember, Clark. In all the years to come. In all your most private moments. I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you," Looks like its going to be Superman vs Batman which should be interesting Also almost the entire xmen days of future past cast turned up for a panel. Up there with the Avengers cast announcement from a couple of years ago for coolness. Edited July 21, 2013 by chokeout Quote
Paid Members Bellenda Carlisle Posted July 21, 2013 Author Paid Members Posted July 21, 2013 (edited) Can't believe they're doing Batman & Superman, that's crazy. It seems so sudden, I really hope it's done well, Batman and Superman teaming up is my favourite thing in comics. I either hope it's Bale doing Batman in a bit less of a Chris Nolan style or a complete new Batman. If it's not Bale playing him I don't want any baggage from Nolan's universe. Cool about the Avengers flick, I like ultron Also in rare "wrestling and comic book movie news crossing over" news here's some concept art from guardians of the galaxy *edit, just wanted to say I would gladly have seen a couple more standalone Superman films before a teamup as there's loads more mileage in him yet. Hope they're not blowing their load too soon. Edited July 21, 2013 by Steve 'Big' Jobs Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted July 21, 2013 Posted July 21, 2013 (edited) So, Superman and Batman film announcement was cool but, ultimately, a bit ruined. They didn't know how to do it so used a quote that either explicitly suggested it would be based on a certain novel by a certain artist, or implicitly suggested it would be Batman vs. Superman. When, apparently, it's neither. It's going to be a superhero buddy cop film, by all accounts. Edited July 21, 2013 by d-d-d-dAz Quote
iamtheman Posted July 22, 2013 Posted July 22, 2013 Considering the god awful first posters for the last one on a similar theme i think these new x men one's are pretty sweet Quote
GalaxyV.2 Posted July 23, 2013 Posted July 23, 2013 Fassbender really is the man isn't he? Even at the Comic Con panel he just gives off 'star'. The Superman/Batman idea is a good one. Let's them introduce a new Batman, rather than just have a rebooted film which people would be interested by, but not all that mad about really. Put him in this, establish the character, then spin him off into another film on the back of the publicity and hopefully excellence of this film. Would love them to cast an older Batman, Jon Hamm maybe? Saw Man Of Steel the other day, top notch cast but the film really lacked any lightness and fun. Though I'm hopeful for the future as origin stories always suffer a little bit I suppose. Quote
Paid Members Bellenda Carlisle Posted July 23, 2013 Author Paid Members Posted July 23, 2013 I don't think you'll get an older Batman, I always imagine Bats to be about 40 odd but sequels are so important now that they want someone to be able to play the character for 10 years. That's why despite mentioning Superman was 33 a couple of times in Man of Steel they cast the 27 year old Henry Cavill. Quote
Loki Posted July 23, 2013 Posted July 23, 2013 As someone who thought that X Men: First Class might actually have been the best of all the modern Marvel films, I'm pretty excited about this new X Men film, particularly as it includes Sir Ian McKellan and Patrick Stewart again. Can someone tell me - is there any crossover between what they've been doing with the Avengers films and what they've been doing with the X Men films? I'm assuming that as they're all based on Marvel comics, they're all meant to be taking place in the same universe, right? I know fuck all about the comics, but it would seem to me that the Humans v Mutants over-arching story in the X Men films could easily drag in the Avengers. Quote
Guest Posted July 23, 2013 Posted July 23, 2013 Isn't Xmen still owned by Fox and therefore kind of kept completely separate? Quote
Paid Members Scott Malbranque Posted July 23, 2013 Paid Members Posted July 23, 2013 (edited) How long have Sony and Fox got Spiderman and X-Men, respectively, to contracts, does anybody? Daredevil is back with Marvel now, isn't he? I'd love to see a Punisher tv show. If they can make one on the Green Arrow, surely they can do one on the Punisher. They should have a bird superhero called The Polisher. Have her polish copious amounts of blokes' crowns/helmets and use their jip as fuel for shooting flames out her mouth or something. Edited July 23, 2013 by Scott Malbranque Quote
Guy Bifkin Posted July 23, 2013 Posted July 23, 2013 I have to say, as someone who tends to steer clear of superhero films, I watched the Avengers film on the plane over to the States and I thoroughly enjoyed it! It was everything the genre should be; fun, exciting, boys own stuff with the odd nod and wink to the adults watching (mewling quim!), a brilliant villain with 3-4 spectacular set pieces. It Quote
Paid Members Bellenda Carlisle Posted July 23, 2013 Author Paid Members Posted July 23, 2013 I have to say, as someone who tends to steer clear of superhero films, But your sig? Unless you specifically like the genre like me there's no reason to avoid them or judge them on the whole, some are good films, some are shit films just like any other film type. Punisher would make a brilliant TV series, better suited for that than movies, the Polisher not so much. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.