Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Awards Moderator

One thing I do like about the Daredevil fights is that Daredevil uses the same logical tactic each fight. Throw his opponents on the floor then punch them repeatedly in the face til they are out cold. Much better than some fancy karate bullshit.

Hmmm... he's a bit fond of that spinny kick though. Chuck sticks, spinny kicks, hip takeover, face punch, repeat.

One thing I do like about the Daredevil fights is that Daredevil uses the same logical tactic each fight. Throw his opponents on the floor then punch them repeatedly in the face til they are out cold. Much better than some fancy karate bullshit.

Hmmm... he's a bit fond of that spinny kick though. Chuck sticks, spinny kicks, hip takeover, face punch, repeat.

So it isn't just Cena, Flair and Hart who have their five moves of doom?

http://www.thewrap.com/marvels-inhumans-removed-from-disneys-release-schedule/

A couple of days old, but not mentioned here. Inhumans movie cancelled/shuffled, depending on who you ask. Not surprised, to be honest. It was a bit of a niche line even within Marvel, but I don't think you could do justice to the huge mythology in one movie, and the last thing we need is more dragging out. With Agents of SHIELD using Inhumans as a proxy for mutants, it makes sense to have Inhumans as a flexible tentpole idea for TV, where they can have time to develop and breath without the pressure of a film release.

Edited by CavemanLynn

• Paid Members

Dredd is coming to Netflix as a 13 ep mini series.

OVER THE MOON~

http://serpentorslair.com/2016/01/02/dredd-is-coming-to-netflix-in-13-episode-mini-series-event/

I'm basing this on my own judgment alone, but I'm convinced that article is bullshit.

I'm going to agree, based on seeing an article just yesterday where Karl Urban was up for the idea. Unless that was just promo, nothing moves that fast.

I loved the film, but I'd love a middle ground between Dredd and the Sly movie, where things can be a little more lighthearted, so things like PJ Maybe could mingle with Judge Cal and the Apocalypse War.

• Paid Members

I'm looking forward to that but I think it's a real shame they haven't tried a bit harder with the art. The best thing about the Killing Joke is Brian Bolland has always been one of the best artists in comic history and he illustrated the whole thing. It's easily as important to the comic as anything else. They tried a bit to do the Dark Knight Returns cartoon in Frank Miller's style, that was good and I Know Bolland is crazy detailed but this is as big a cartoon as they could do so they could've pushed the boat out a bit.

• Paid Members

I'm looking forward to that but I think it's a real shame they haven't tried a bit harder with the art. The best thing about the Killing Joke is Brian Bolland has always been one of the best artists in comic history and he illustrated the whole thing. It's easily as important to the comic as anything else. They tried a bit to do the Dark Knight Returns cartoon in Frank Miller's style, that was good and I Know Bolland is crazy detailed but this is as big a cartoon as they could do so they could've pushed the boat out a bit.

It would have cost a fortune to even attempt to do it in Bolland's style. I really like the way they have done it. Still way more stylised that the some of the other DC animated movies and you can tell they've tried to include some more of the iconic images.

It's crazy how the DC animated films seem to fly under the radar. They are given so much more freedom than their movies, New Frontier was all done in that awesome art style, Flashpoint had

Batman shooting someone right in the head

, even Doomsday got to go on a bloody rampage.

• Paid Members

It would have cost a fortune to even attempt to do it in Bolland's style. I really like the way they have done it. Still way more stylised that the some of the other DC animated movies and you can tell they've tried to include some more of the iconic images.

I know man, it would be expensive and I watch all these DC cartoons and for the most part think they're great, it's just this is as big a story as they could adapt and I would've liked to have see them do something more special with it. CG animation rendered to look identical to Bolland's art and a cinema release isn't too much to ask for is it?