THREAD FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UKFF FORUM ONLY!

neil

• Paid Members
Fucking hell, can Moo take it off? I'd rather not have a big black bar of complete bollocks filling up my screen. Not to mention that the whole thing is a retarded waste of time for idiots.

Why is it for idiots? Just out of curiosity?

I'm assuming it will be gone after today.

• Paid Members

Because it's meaningless. The slogan "TODAY WE FIGHT BACK"...signing an internet petition is not fighting back against anything. It's a perfect example of slacktivism. And also I find the generic argument that the NSA and GCHQ are using mass surveillance to go through everyones emails, Twitter and mobiles to exploit our privacy and civil rights and freedoms to be an incredibly idiotic simplification of an extremely complex issue.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

I think you're right in that signing petitions doesn't very much, if anything at all, but what else is there to do? There hasn't exactly been a huge media outcry in the same way that there was over, say, MPs expenses or Jimmy Saville, apart from in the left-leaning press. Nobody is about to rock up to Cheltenham and kick in GCHQ's windows. Anyway, this isn't the topic for this discussion.