THREAD FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UKFF FORUM ONLY!

neil

• Paid Members
I mean when does it happen... Like when you close your browser and revisit the site

I'm getting this a lot. Every time I leave the site, I have to login again when I come back.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

I mean when does it happen... Like when you close your browser and revisit the site or is it after an hour etc. nothing has changed on the server or software in a long... long time as we all know so not sure what is causing this.

It certainly seems to be time related for me. If I close and re-open my browser immediately its fine and I'm still logged in, but if I close my browser and leave my computer for any length of time I'm logged out the next time I open the site.

• Awards Moderator
Happens to me when I change devices or restart a device... So something to do with sessions or cookies.

My Internet just crapped out. Restarted my router and I had to log on again.

• Admin
Quick, while he's here let's see if he'll change the BNP logo!

Happy to... Make a nice one :)

If your ip changes or you change browser I would expect it to log you out, but if you're using the same browser and you tick remember me and log in that should stay valid for the period of the cookie - which is days and days from memory.

• Paid Members

I'd never had this problem until a couple of days ago. My router cocked up so I can't use Wi-Fi at the minute. As soon as I started using my phone's internet, that's when this started happening for me. I've only noticed it when I've gone to make a post, it keeps doing that thing where it logs me out but saves what I've typed so I have to keep logging in again.

It happened with this very post! It's happening nearly every time.

It's been happening to me all week too. Seems that the 'remember me' box just isn't doing the job. I am being logged out almost every time I leave the page (within the same tab on my browser).

This ^ can even happen between clicking reply, writing a few lines and then clicking post

• Paid Members
Quick, while he's here let's see if he'll change the BNP logo!

Happy to... Make a nice one :)

If your ip changes or you change browser I would expect it to log you out, but if you're using the same browser and you tick remember me and log in that should stay valid for the period of the cookie - which is days and days from memory.

One that I did a few years back when this topic came up.

ukfflogo.jpg

ukfflogo2_zpsb5dfe89e.jpg

Edited by Nostalgia Nonce