THREAD FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UKFF FORUM ONLY!

neil

If I remember somebody mentioning this correctly, I think it was disabled because old word association game threads were leading to shite posters clocking up thousands of posts and basically +1ing all over the place.

It never ever counted in fact. There was a big reluctance to even have an off topic forum. There used to be a few off topic threads that would pop up in the main forum, these would either find success (with numerous people moaning about them) or would be closed. When off topic was opened it did not count towards post counts at all, back then there was a lot more emphasis on post counts in general, and I guess that was one of the stipulations.

When did off topic go live, then? I'm surprised to hear there wasn't one from the start.

It was when you touched yourself at the non daylight.

• Paid Members
Nah I definitely remember the pre-OT days so must have been at least 2002 when the split happened (unless it happened when I was still lurking, but I don't think so).

The earliest the WAYBACK MACHINE! has of an off-topic forum being here is January 2003..

http://web.archive.org/web/20030127053246/...//www.ukff.com/

It's amazing how few posters from that time are still here! Surf, stevon, JTTS... who was donnie darko?

I think I first looked at this place in probably 2001, and I reckon it had an Off Topic then.

I very very rarely go into On-Topic so I don't know how popular it still is, but just out of interest, which of the two get more activity?

I'd guess at Off-Topic, I see more going on there and like yourself I mainly post there. Since the post count bummers have become extinct (except Mab but he's been dealt accordingly ages ago) maybe its worth making posts count there now?

Fair enough but it seems under that thought, you might as well disable it for the whole forum if its 'meaningless', since there seems to be far more spam posts in the on topic than off topic from what I can see. I was just making light hearted discussion.

I agree with Hyperion here. With the caveat that post count isn't important... you might as well credit people's posts in Off Topic as much as On Topic. I mainly roll in Off Topic, but does that make me less of a poster than Ian? Don't answer that :(

So, yeah, why not just have postcount everywhere. Talking about wrestling is no more important than talking about films or football, not nowadays at least when a lot of people here hardly watch the old grappling.

• Paid Members
I agree with Hyperion here. With the caveat that post count isn't important... you might as well credit people's posts in Off Topic as much as On Topic. I mainly roll in Off Topic, but does that make me less of a poster than Ian? Don't answer that :(

So, yeah, why not just have postcount everywhere. Talking about wrestling is no more important than talking about films or football, not nowadays at least when a lot of people here hardly watch the old grappling.

It's not a question of importance though, is it? "Oh, you spoke about ROH! Have a point" and "Sorry, your post in the politics thread doesn't deserve a notch" aren't indicative of the mentality.

Put post-counts in place for off-topic and then you end up with whole thing getting shit up with post-boosters. I was a member of a forum once where one chap (with a five-figure post count) would post in the "What are you listening to?" thread every time a new track started. Any attempt at discussion was stymied by this idiot's adding thirty dead posts per night. I don't believe for a second that he would have done it that way were it not the fact that each post was adding to the penis-substitute under his name.

Those type of mongs get banned nowadays anyway, or just post in Classifieds ;)

Question: who was 'nWoRiChIe' and why was he banned yesterday? Just noticed he posted in Butch's thread and now he's gone.