The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

On 3/9/2021 at 11:44 AM, Egg Shen said:

FB_IMG_1615289926009.thumb.jpg.86836dd0da873e8be741362b6757d98a.jpg

Kreator headlining feels right to me. They put on a headline-worthy stage show last time they played as sub-headliner so they'll bring some shit with them. 

If this thing gets the full on green light its gonna sell out quickly though isnt it?

They were great last time in that sub headline spot. We had a guy next to us during the change over before Ghost, who would not stop going on about how Kreator should’ve headlined instead. Why he hadn’t left after Kreator is anyone’s guess, or maybe he’s just one of those who loves the sound of his own voice. Another guy (who wasn’t with us) made the point of asking “how many more tickets do you they’d have sold if they gave Kreator an extra 30 minutes?”. Anyone that went for Kreator was already there.
sub headline or headline is a good spot for Kreator, but they got it right that year because Ghost were still on the rise and finishing up a very successful tour.

As for whether or not 2021 will sellout (assuming it happens), I think it depends on whether or not any one else cancels/postpones. So long as they don’t lose either of the other 2 headliners, they should be OK

Edited by WyattSheepMask

I think the concern with Bloodstock is if Mercyful Fate, Phil Anselmo, Life of Agony etc have all pulled out already what are the chances of Devin Townsend, Black Dahlia Murder and any other American bands pulling out closer to the time? Just seems a bit weird tat some have pulled out already with 5 months to go but not others. The upside is there will be a shitload more UK bands on this years lineup and that's somewhere that Bloodstock already does well, the two smaller stages are always full of up and coming UK bands.

In other news, Damnation has already sold out. It's not a bad lineup by any stretch but there's only 6 bands I'd be desperate to see and one of those (Conan) I'll be seeing in July in a tiny venue so didn't think it was quite worth nearly 60 quid a ticket. Fair play to them though, it rarely sells out this soon so I'd expect other similar sized all dayers to get the same response.

May be an image of text

Mgla, he was dead silent on it all even when some act pulled out or called it out on stage like Dawn Rayd did. It took until a recent podcast that noone listens to with the dude from Primordial for him to mention anything.

There's no defending the band when they've continued to work with Miko Aspa and a member has an electronic side project about killing jews.

Edited by Merzbow

3 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Do you like when black metal completely and utterly destroys genre boundries? The new Sleepwalker is perfect, only one track is out so far and it's blown me away.

https://sentientruin.bandcamp.com/album/no-na-krayu-sveta

That’s fantastic!  Sent it to a kvit mate and he loved it!

• Members

Really enjoyed this.

My brother in law and his band got quite friendly with these lads when they were massive and I've had a few good nights out with them (call me SuperFogg) so I've always had a soft spot for them, and this video made me quite emotional at points.

Anyway, cracking series.