Post of the Year 2010 Now Online

tiger_rick

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really liked this one from the "If you could book any angle ever" thread:

Mine happens now in TNA, Upset at being on a losing streak and getting buried Christopher Daniels asks Eric Bischoff for 2 weeks off, Bisch grants his request, later in the show we see Daniels talking to So Cal Val, he tells her he's got 2 weeks off, what are you going to do she asks, Well says Daniels, I've always wanted to go to Egypt...

The next week on Impact we see Daniels in Egypt looking at the sights (pyramids and shit) and he sees a mysterious scarab in the sand, he picks it up and his eyes glow (this storyline is so awesome).

Next week we see a vignette of Daniels in the airport arriving back in America but he's dressed in robes with an Egyptian beard cover thing on, he's being rude and dismissive to everyone also he's talking in ancient Egyptian (this is sick)

Next week on Impact we see Daniels Talking to Eric Bischoff in his office, he's in robes and he's being aggressive, listen Daniels Bischoff says, Daniels slaps him and shouts Teth Amon! (this is his new name) and walks out.

After Daniels walks out Bischoff looks furious and says to Hulk Hogan (who just walked in) Hulk if Daniels thinks he can treat me like that he's got another thing coming, I'm going to put him in a handicap match tonight against Matt Morgan and Hernandez!

The match is the main event and Daniels comes out to some Egyptian sounding music wearing a gold robe and headdress and carrying a snake staff he is announced as Teth Amon and beats Morgan and Hernandez cleanly, he then goes on a massive winning streak, great eh?

That's brilliant. :thumbsup:

Second that. :thumbsup:

I really liked this one from the "If you could book any angle ever" thread:

Mine happens now in TNA, Upset at being on a losing streak and getting buried Christopher Daniels asks Eric Bischoff for 2 weeks off, Bisch grants his request, later in the show we see Daniels talking to So Cal Val, he tells her he's got 2 weeks off, what are you going to do she asks, Well says Daniels, I've always wanted to go to Egypt...

The next week on Impact we see Daniels in Egypt looking at the sights (pyramids and shit) and he sees a mysterious scarab in the sand, he picks it up and his eyes glow (this storyline is so awesome).

Next week we see a vignette of Daniels in the airport arriving back in America but he's dressed in robes with an Egyptian beard cover thing on, he's being rude and dismissive to everyone also he's talking in ancient Egyptian (this is sick)

Next week on Impact we see Daniels Talking to Eric Bischoff in his office, he's in robes and he's being aggressive, listen Daniels Bischoff says, Daniels slaps him and shouts Teth Amon! (this is his new name) and walks out.

After Daniels walks out Bischoff looks furious and says to Hulk Hogan (who just walked in) Hulk if Daniels thinks he can treat me like that he's got another thing coming, I'm going to put him in a handicap match tonight against Matt Morgan and Hernandez!

The match is the main event and Daniels comes out to some Egyptian sounding music wearing a gold robe and headdress and carrying a snake staff he is announced as Teth Amon and beats Morgan and Hernandez cleanly, he then goes on a massive winning streak, great eh?

That's brilliant. :thumbsup:

Second that. :thumbsup:

Just read this brilliant post from Woyzeck so i'll have to nominate it. You might want to read pages 52 and 53 of This thread to get the whole thing into context.

It's also true of Bert from Ernie and Bert, and Robo from the Bonanza brothers. Also Spongebob. And Pikachu.

Jim_Davidson-1-200-174-85-nocrop.jpg

"And the Asians!"

• Paid Members

The origin of it is a bit sketchy. It's definitely a lot more widely known in Scotland and Ireland. Which of those two came up with it is up for debate.

It means crazy/block headed etc. as you'd expect. As in, the person's instinct is always to head the ball. Implying damage to the head, a willingness to fly headfirst into a given situation, not having your feet on the ground, a reactionary/fly off the handle type of guy, and so on. It conveys many insulting qualities.

• Paid Members

That is majestic. How did you know there'd be such a perfect photo? They're even challenging for a header!

EDIT: So I just went to look for the POTM thread to nominate that effort. Then I realised it was in the thread itself. So yeah, erm, nominating that Waterboy post just up there a bit.

Archived