DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

It's a very working class thicko thing to equate higher BBFC ratings with quality. My retarded brother in law does it, and he was a glue sniffer. "How many killings?"

That was a catchphrase in 'The League of Gentlemen'.

Two horror movie fans in a video shop judging each movie on "How many killings?"

Talking about certificates I watched The Revenant on Saturday, which the best way I can explain it being like Boondock Saints with the undead. Overall I enjoyed it, but the end was a bit of a let down with some really dodgy green screen during the climax of the film. I was very suprised to see that the film was a 15 though. If you go the IMDB link to what is in the film as far as sex, violence and swearing, it really would've been an 18 not all that long back http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1336006/parent...e#certification

It's a very working class thicko thing to equate higher BBFC ratings with quality. My retarded brother in law does it, and he was a glue sniffer. "How many killings?"

That was a catchphrase in 'The League of Gentlemen'.

Two horror movie fans in a video shop judging each movie on "How many killings?"

Yeah, that's why I said it.

• Paid Members

Watched Untouchable and I loved every bit of it. Its a French film about a rich quadriplegic and his unlikely friendship with a young offender who winds up becoming his live in carer. Not only is it touching and really heart-warming (without being mushy) its also really funny.

Just had a quick look on the shelf, and both Alien & Aliens are certified 18 on the recent Blu Ray releases. Both feature the theatrical cuts and director's/special edition cuts, so the 18 certificate could refer to those.

Watched The Clinic on SKY the other night. Man leaves his pregnant misses (Beth) in a hotel room and returns to find her missing. She wakes up at an abandoned slaughterhouse with the baby removed via C section and finds 3 other women who suffered the same. The women then discover a room full of babies. However, another patient will stop at nothing to uncover the clues to discover which of the babies is hers. Can Beth escape? And with her baby?

If your looking for a naff bit of Aussie horror to kill 90mins it'll do the trick

Watched The Cabin in the Woods, which was good not great. Easy way to spend 90 minutes, though. Who was the bald guy who had a blades going through his head (and had that ball thing)? I assume its a refernce to another film, but I dont know what it is.

Also watched Safe, which was also good.