DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Moderators
I've just put "Ghostwatch" on. I have a cushion ready to hide behind so that Pipes doesn't get me.

If this is the first time you've seen it since it aired, you'll need that cushion to hide behind in shame once you realise how badly it's aged and how hilariously awful the acting is.

Edited by Woyzeck

• Paid Members
I second Session 9. Great little film.

Brad Anderson is already some director. The Machinist and Transsiberian are brilliant films plus he's directed episodes of The Wire, Treme, Boardwalk Empire and Fringe.

• Moderators

Brad Anderson is already some director. The Machinist and Transsiberian are brilliant films plus he's directed episodes of The Wire, Treme, Boardwalk Empire and Fringe.

He's really great, which makes his last one, Vanishing on 7th Street, all the more puzzling. It's awful.

And Session 9 is one of my favourites. I watched it yesterday, like I do every Halloween.

Been watching the first four or five episodes of Breaking Bad in the face of tons of BEST SHOW EVAR!!! hype. Must confess I find it verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry slow and quite bleak thus far and it has yet to grab me. Should I keep going or am I missing something already?

• Paid Members

He's really great, which makes his last one, Vanishing on 7th Street, all the more puzzling. It's awful.

Bugger, I was looking forward to that. I'll still give it a go, though. He's got a fan for life here especially after Transsiberian.

• Paid Members

I finished the first season and definitely found it gets better in the final two episodes. If it wasn't for the lead actor I doubt I would have stuck with it. It's pretty good but I haven't seen anything that warrants the hype it's getting at this point.

Boardwalk EMpire is still kicking arse though.

• Paid Members

And Session 9 is one of my favourites. I watched it yesterday, like I do every Halloween.

I didnt know he directed that, That film is shockingly shit

• Paid Members
Been watching the first four or five episodes of Breaking Bad in the face of tons of BEST SHOW EVAR!!! hype. Must confess I find it verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry slow and quite bleak thus far and it has yet to grab me. Should I keep going or am I missing something already?

It changes a lot, becomes a lot more of a crime thriller and less of a drama, definitely worth sticking with, unless you've got something amazing you could be doing instead.

• Paid Members

Last night i watched:

Severance

In short, it was somewhere between "ok" and "Shit".

Theres not alot i can say other than its supposed to be a "Comic horror ", which doesnt do it any favours. Its not the worst film I've ever seen, but its not exactley a good movie either. It was a straight up comedy it may of been a bit better, it was a straight up horror it could of been loads better. The fact it has strangely half-funny gags inbetween supposed really serious murders.....doesnt really translate very well.

If your a fan of Danny Dyer or Generic half-decent horror movies, then check this out. As a "Film" This is fairly crap.

04/10

• Paid Members
Theres not alot i can say other than its supposed to be a "Comic horror ", which doesnt do it any favours.

What does that even mean?

I'm not even sure to be honest.

Basically, its not a Spoof , its a horror movie.....with comedy in it. So it just doesnt work.

Again might just be me on that one.