DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members

Richie, was it this The Ghost Train?

If so, I saw it years ago on BBC2 in some late slot. It was good but it is horribly spoiled by Arthur Askey in one of the most miscast and out-of-place roles I have ever seen in a film. It's actually a really decent little ghost film so why the fuck they decided to throw him in the mix is beyond me. I can only presume that they threw him in there as a star name to make some money because the rest of the cast were largely unknown.

Because when I watch a horror film, what I want is Arthur Askey telling racist jokes about Jews. Fucking hell.

Richie, was it this The Ghost Train?

If so, I saw it years ago on BBC2 in some late slot. It was good but it is horribly spoiled by Arthur Askey in one of the most miscast and out-of-place roles I have ever seen in a film. It's actually a really decent little ghost film so why the fuck they decided to throw him in the mix is beyond me. I can only presume that they threw him in there as a star name to make some money because the rest of the cast were largely unknown.

Because when I watch a horror film, what I want is Arthur Askey telling racist jokes about Jews. Fucking hell.

That

Edited by Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

I can't think of a film where a character is more out of place.

If you're looking for more vintage horror, I'd recommend The Old Dark House, which is absolutely brilliant, and Dead Of Night, which is THE best horror anthology ever.

• Paid Members
Anybody recommend any good Asian movies that are fairly mainstream?

Along the lines of Battle Royale/Ring type of thing.

Neither of those are really mainstream, are they? Try Hard Boiled by John Woo or some Jackie Chan stuff, I guess.

Just watched Jean-Claude Van Damme's latest movie Assassination Games, also starring Scott Adkins.

I really enjoyed it, being a huge JCVD mark makes me slightly biased, but its harmless fun with some enjoyable fight scenes. The acting is very hammy and the accents even more so, typical low budget filmed in Eatern Europe stuff but fun nontheless..

Having watched the greatness that is Kickboxer last night and there being no Italian football on tonight (damn MLS!) Im in the mood for another Van Damme treat, Cyborg or Hard Target?

• Paid Members
Having watched the greatness that is Kickboxer last night and there being no Italian football on tonight (damn MLS!) Im in the mood for another Van Damme treat, Cyborg or Hard Target?

ALWAYS Hard Target. It's his best film.