Tropic Thunder

Babylon A.D.

Kill Switch

Yeah! Any thoughts on these titles?

Edited by bAzTNM#1

watched from within last night - shit film but ending wasnt to bad

watched adventrueland other day , was shit as well

gonna watch bronson tonight, mate keeps telling me how good it is

Adventureland is the most self-indulgent piece of shit ive ever seen.

i really liked Bronson, but it is not for everyone. im a big fan of Stanley Kubrick movies, and the style in which Bronson is made is very reminiscent of a Kubrick movie. If your watching it on DVD, the Director's Commentry is very good also and sheds a lot more light on the film and its context

Sky Premieres this week are...

Saturday 26th September - Friday 2nd October

Fly Me to the Moon

Bart Got a Room

Tropic Thunder

Babylon A.D.

Kill Switch

Yeah! Any thoughts on these titles?

Fly Me to the Moon: The shit eating bugs animation one i think

Bart Got a Room: Suprisingly sweet teen comedy, needed more laughs.

Tropic Thunder: Should have been better but still good. Tom Crusie is equal parts funny and cringeworthingly embarassing

Babylon A.D.: Heard it's fucking terrible

Kill Switch: A Steven Seagal, enough said

watched from within last night - shit film but ending wasnt to bad

watched adventrueland other day , was shit as well

gonna watch bronson tonight, mate keeps telling me how good it is

Adventureland is the most self-indulgent piece of shit ive ever seen.

i really liked Bronson, but it is not for everyone. im a big fan of Stanley Kubrick movies, and the style in which Bronson is made is very reminiscent of a Kubrick movie. If your watching it on DVD, the Director's Commentry is very good also and sheds a lot more light on the film and its context

I quite enjoyed adventurland actually. Would have liked more laughs, but not bad by a long shot IMO.

• Paid Members

I watched Gran Torino the other day and really liked it. A perfect ending for Clint's acting career. Some of the acting from the other cast was dodgy at times but Eastwood is just so amazing in it he carries the whole movie. Clint is also probably the last true movie badass we will ever have. Todays movie stars...not a real man among them. There is no other actor cool enough to pull off this terrifying dialogue right:

"I'll blow a hole in your face and then go back in the house. And I'll sleep like a baby, you can count on that. We used to stack fucks like you in Korea, use you as sandbags!"

• Awards Moderator
I watched Gran Torino the other day and really liked it. A perfect ending for Clint's acting career. Some of the acting from the other cast was dodgy at times but Eastwood is just so amazing in it he carries the whole movie. Clint is also probably the last true movie badass we will ever have. Todays movie stars...not a real man among them. There is no other actor cool enough to pull off this terrifying dialogue right:

"I'll blow a hole in your face and then go back in the house. And I'll sleep like a baby, you can count on that. We used to stack fucks like you in Korea, use you as sandbags!"

"Get off my lawn" might be my favourite ever Clint line. Gran Torino is amazing.

Anyone seen the Bruce Willis movie, Last Man Standing ?

Thought it was alright. Kinda boring at times and Willis with his low voice should NOT be narrating movies. Got some laughs at his guns sending guys flying 40 ft backwards though. I gave it a 6 out of 10 on IMDB.

Yeah the over the top gun battles really save it. It's cool, but can be a bit slow at times.

Watched The Soloist this eveing. Four words can decribe it. Nice story, dull film.

Will likely be watching Transformers 2 tomorrow (DVD copy avi's are out there for you downloaders). Quite looking forward to it although I have heard it isn't much cop.

Watched District 9 last night.

Was decidedly Meh, and quite fricking obvious what was going to happen.. I know it had a small budget but it wasnt really that great tbh

The mecha design was a bit of a rip off of Zone of the Enders as was the the whole human/hybrid infused thingy a bit like Z.O.E the 2nd Runner

Jehuty from ZOE

zoe2-jehuty1.jpg

• Paid Members
Surrogates. It start off quite well, the robots are cool and so are some of the effects. The story even seems to be going somewhere, until the end just makes absolutely no sense. I seriously heard quite a few people in the cinema go "Eh?" as it ended. Not even wiki can tell me what happeend because it doesn't know itself

What the shit, dude? It's not a good film by any stretch of the imagination but the ending made perfect sense.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

The old dude from Six Feet Under hated himself for creating the Surrogates and wanted to destroy them in order for everyone to go back to living normal healthy lives. He did this by taking over an FBI surrogate in order to gain access to the Surrogate system and unleash the virus from the Weapon. It's unclear as to whether he's made any plan to stop this from killing everyone at this point but after he kills himself and Willis takes over the FBI surrogate he makes that SysAdmin insulate everyone so they're not killed and then decides not to save the surrogates so he can have his wife back. Which seems to have been the entire point of the film.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I really quite liked the concept of the film and thought there was a lot of scope there for them to do something far more interesting than they actually did.

Also, I've just checked Wiki, which basically says what I've just said. So, what didn't make sense.

Yes, Brad Dourif. An actor's actor. I've never seen him less than brilliant.

Seconded. I can't think of a performance I haven't enjoyed seeing him in.

My latest was catching up on Battlestar Galactica. I mentioned the pilot miniseries in the old thread, watched seasons one and two soon after then powered through the last two seasons in a couple of days.

Utterly brilliant TV and I feel like a moron for skipping it until now. It shits all over the original with things having far more meaning and depth by picking up a nice modern idea of conflicted characters so the heroes aren't necessarily all shining beacons of wonderfulness. Add to that the Cylons being human replica's with human emotions, making them people rather than evil robots, made them far more interesting and all the different models and copies met throughout were portrayed brilliantly.

I'd heard a lot of fans complain about the ending. Those fans are idiots. It was probably one of the best TV finale's I've seen, leaving the core story wrapped up but still had a few unanswered questions to let the audience make their own mind up.

I've read that they had to really fight for the series to be kept on the air, but after watching the whole thing I have no idea why. It's one of the best sci-fi shows in ages.