DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members
That's the only single time I've heard it pronounced properly by an American ever.

Good point, we'll just have to put it with Aluminium on the list of things they can't say properly

And oregano.

And herbs.

• Paid Members

And they pronounce "herbs" as "erbs". My wife is from the Middle Eastern but pretty much grew up on US sitcoms, and then went to the American University Of London for two years so pronounces about 70% of things in an American accent. I've pretty much dedicated my life to getting rid of her bad American speech habits.

• Paid Members

saw Underworld Awakening last night. IMDB seems to be rife with fans of the franchise ripping on it because it basically forgets the gothic type setting and puts Kate Beckinsale's (smoking) character in a modern day setting fighting police and shit (as well as Lycans). I see what their getting at but regardless this was short, sharp gory fun, 80 minute running time and 60 of that was probably stuff getting blown to shit. I enjoyed it.

• Paid Members
This is good to see about Killing Me Softly. I'm going to see it tomorrow night.

Also, has anyone heard about / tried the Cineworld Unlimited card exploit? I've heard that it can be used in conjunction with the Orange Wednesday offer, meaning someone with an Unlimited Card who is also on Orange can get a friend in for free. Going to try it tomorrow so I'll let you know if it works.

yeh it does work, just give them the code then use your card as payment for both.

• Paid Members

Watching The Cabin In The Woods tonight. Last chance, Whedon!

Okay, that was pretty fucking good. The great thing about it is that it wasn't directed by Whedon and he only co-wrote it, so I can give all the credit to someone else and still hate him. Woo!

Edited by Gladstone Small

• Paid Members

My husband is American, it's fun to get him to say Mary, Merry and Marry. It sounds like he's saying the same thing for all of them. "Carmel" for Caramel is one of the worst one for me though!

Has anyone seen Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close? I recorded it from HBO last night, haven't watched it yet though.

LOTR #3 - Finished off the trilogy, and was as disappointed with this one as I was with the others. All of them are decent action films, but nothing more than that. I watched the versions that were on C4 a few months back, but I think I should have watched the extended ones first, as they (from what Ive read) flesh out some characters, and expland on some of the story better. I havent read the book, so I assume that people who have enjoy the movies much more.

The Girl with the Dargon Tattoo - Thought it was really good. At 160 minutes long, it didnt drag at all. The main actress was fantastic, with Daniel Craig doing a decent job, too.

I have Red Lights downloaded. Judging from Megacritic, most critics didnt seem to favour it, but the description of it was enough for me to grab it.

• Paid Members

Watched Sex Drive tonight.

I was expecting one of those coming of age, teen comedies of the likes of American Pie and Superbad and to some extent that's what I got. But there were a few moments which were pretty heartwarming too going far beyond some cheap laughs. Basically an 18 year old virgin sets off on a trip to shag some hot girl he met on the internet, with his 2 best friends in tow. There were plenty of good laughs and the final culmination of the film is as ridiculous and silly as expected. I certainly enjoyed watching it and so I rank it 7/10.

• Paid Members
Also, has anyone heard about / tried the Cineworld Unlimited card exploit? I've heard that it can be used in conjunction with the Orange Wednesday offer, meaning someone with an Unlimited Card who is also on Orange can get a friend in for free. Going to try it tomorrow so I'll let you know if it works.

I used to have one of those Cineworld Unlimited Cards. I ended up getting a letter one day saying that I wrote to them cancelling it (I didn't). Don't know what that was all about. Didn't want it anymore anyway. It was then stopped. Very odd situation all round.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

I have Red Lights downloaded. Judging from Megacritic, most critics didnt seem to favour it, but the description of it was enough for me to grab it.

I watched it a couple of nights back and thought it was pretty good. I have to admit though that I didn't read anything going into it, just heard who was in it. I thought it was a film about prostitutes. It ain't.