Twitter - Anyone on it?

Psygnosis

• Paid Members

Recommendation I posted in Paid:

"Chris B's account is well worth a follow - he's an author, so he often posts links to stuff about his or other people's books, as well as links to his short stories, which are excellent. His Question Time commentary's good, as is his stuff on geek culture and wrestling. It's @ChristopherBrosnahan"

Mine's @BenSohawon (in addition to my music account in my sig), but I haven't been tweeting very much recently.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

In a bizarre fucking decision, Twitter will be introducing a new algorithm that will present tweets not in chronological order, as has always been the case and one of the main reasons people like and use Twitter, but in an order this algorithm "thinks people most like to see tweets."

I can't see that happening for every tweet in your feed. They've been putting a few 'While you were away' tweets at the top of the feed, and I wouldn't be surprised if they did 3 or 5 'Tweets you might like' but I can't see them changing the entire feed. You got a link man? They can fuck off if that's what they're doing though.

Archived