Twitter - Anyone on it?

Psygnosis

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My bizarre Twitter story of the week. Saw Public Enemy in Manchester (as did Dead Mike) and Chuck D was saying how good Twitter is. I tweeted him during the gig (not during a song) and he tweeted me back during the gig, twice (not during songs)

• 4 years later...

I' always feel I'm not using Twitter correctly .

I signed up for an account abou 4 years ago, followed some people but generally don't use it at all.

I find it confusing to when I see tweets from people that are replies to other people but I've missed the first part of the initial conversation .

What does everybody here like about Twitter ?

Does anybody else find it hard to use everyday ?

I've found it great for using as an aggregator app when I'm out the house. For the most part, don't follow people you know/work mates etc. I follow the news sites, sports sites and a limited number of accounts linked to all the nerdy hobbies I'm into. Maybe the odd humorous account too. It's great for finding the latest, breaking news, sports results and things like that in one app. There's always a ton of links to articles on there from magazine and news sites if you're looking for something to read (and videos for that matter).

It's a ballache for conversations, really. There are more and more idiots on it over the past couple of years too.

I'd recommend setting up a new account, not bothering to tweet, and following 100-300 accounts that you might be interested in.

• Paid Members

It takes a bit of getting used to = it's not really for interaction with the people you know, it's more about interacting with the sports/interests you may have.

Also great for uncovering 'news' before it is news.

Archived