Twitter - Anyone on it?

Psygnosis

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basically, Twitter is just the "status updates" part of Facebook. The main difference being, you follow certain people and have your mobile set to receive their updates, as well as updating your own in that liberated way. So wherever you or they are in the world, you'll always know exactly what they're up to as soon as they do. Another marvellous step towards the post-privacy world :)

• Paid Members

I've been on it for a while now. My Twitter user name is the extremely imaginative http://twitter.com/martinbean.

I use it as part of my everyday web surfing, and handy for a web developer as I have various folks from the web field on my "following" list so I'm always up to date with interesting links, developments, new technologies, etc.

Stephen Fry and Jonathan Ross are both on it, and it was in fact mentioned during Ross's return show last Friday.

I've been a member for about five days and I love it so far. Basically it's a good outlet for talking about little things I wouldn't deem worthy of actual blog entries. Things like, "Commentary! The Musical has got me playing Ninja Ropes. I swear I have never been worse at any game EVER. http://tinyurl.com/2vdb9d" or "Note to self: Don't watch medical drama with your mother on her deceased father's birthday. Watching people dying starts the crying." Just random shit-talk you'd have with your friends, but across the internet the second it pops into your head. It's cool.

• Paid Members
Wow, theres a little thing called TweetDeck which is a handy little tool, saves you constantly going onto the site.

I use Twhirl. It's an Adobe AIR application, sort of like a desktop widget that I can minimize to the system tray, but still alerts me to new tweets, direct messages etc like Windows Live Messenger.

Archived