Twitter - Anyone on it?

Psygnosis

Britney Spears started following me months back, then stopped, and is now following me again... she's clearly flirting I think you'll all agree.

I initially joined up to follow certain folk, then figured I probably ought to post at least some updates myself, but seeing as nobody I know in "real life" uses Twitter, I feel like I'm pretty much talking to myself like some kind of Internet crazy person most of the time.

I've started scaling back the amount of people I actually follow now. P. Diddy's updates were (are) annoying as all fuck, for one.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Britney Spears started following me months back, then stopped, and is now following me again... she's clearly flirting I think you'll all agree.

I initially joined up to follow certain folk, then figured I probably ought to post at least some updates myself, but seeing as nobody I know in "real life" uses Twitter, I feel like I'm pretty much talking to myself like some kind of Internet crazy person most of the time.

I've started scaling back the amount of people I actually follow now. P. Diddy's updates were (are) annoying as all fuck, for one.

If you're on facebook, theirs an application to enable it so every time you update twitter your facebook status will be updated. It's what I use, as yeah I also know no one in real life that uses it, so yeah, just update it via twitbin on firefox and it does the FB status too :)

• Paid Members

Quite surprised so many people don't have real-life people on their Twitter - the way I first heard about Twitter was from all the invites I got when my mates signed up.

Christ I hope they don't add quizzes or poking to Twitter, the simplistic concept is what makes it great.

Sorry. Just read this post, but Twitter is beginning to roll out nudges I'm sure I saw.

I saw that when I signed up - I think anyway. A nudge if you havent updated in a while. I may be wrong, it's been a few months. Or it feels like a few months...

• Paid Members
So it's basically just a cross between a blog and the status update part of Facebook? Pass.

Those who are consumed by Twitter, are the ones who understand Twitter.

Basically you have to give it a chance as you don't know what you're missing.

So it's basically just a cross between a blog and the status update part of Facebook? Pass.

Those who are consumed by Twitter, are the ones who understand Twitter.

Basically you have to give it a chance as you don't know what you're missing.

Fair enough, but what is it really? I don't see the point in spending my time setting one up if it's what I described as my life really isn't interesting enough to set up a page about :/

• Paid Members
If you dont get Twitter for personal use, why not use it as a marketing tool its perfect.

The influx of corporations and individuals using it to market is the only thing that I hate about Twitter.

"Increase your followers 10-fold with these easy tips on our website!" "Gain 1 million followers in one week!" "You could do with our new service, x. Check it out!" No, thank you.

Archived