Twitter - Anyone on it?

Psygnosis

Im still marking out from the Miley cyrus tweet I got.

Call me a cynic, but I wonder how many other followers of this "secret account" were added "accidentally" and asked "not to tell." ;)

Now would someone please pass me my tinfoil hat?

I would have been cynical if there were hundreds or thousands of people on there. But there are only 41 followers.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im still marking out from the Miley cyrus tweet I got.

Call me a cynic, but I wonder how many other followers of this "secret account" were added "accidentally" and asked "not to tell." ;)

Now would someone please pass me my tinfoil hat?

I would have been cynical if there were hundreds or thousands of people on there. But there are only 41 followers.

Kiddie fiddling is a niche market.

• Paid Members

@VodafoneUK are giving away free HTC Magic Google phones, giving out clues on their Twitter feed about which store you need to go to. Unfortunately, the only was I found that out was when the guy I sit opposite in work came back with one earlier (anyone already following, he's @bhell) so my chances of getting one are pretty slim seeing as they've already done Cardiff (and Reading since I've been following it this afternoon). Still, it might be worth other people checking it out.

• Paid Members

Instead of thinking of it as the status update of Facebook, think of it as a public text message. You ever just think of something and text a mate to tell them? It's like that.

I seem to be one of the few people on here to actually have real-life friends on there though so it may not have the same attraction for you. If you'll look at my last post in this thread though, there's the potential to win free stuff through it. SilverVision, for example, have done a few giveaways through their Twitter account.

Can someone please tell me what's the appeal of twitter?

I mean what can you do on twitter that you can't do on facebook? - there's status updates of facebook so why is twitter so popular?

This question has been asked and answered about three fucking times in this thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Can someone please tell me what's the appeal of twitter?

I mean what can you do on twitter that you can't do on facebook? - there's status updates of facebook so why is twitter so popular?

This question has been asked and answered about three fucking times in this thread.

The big difference is that you don't have to have a mutual relationship, so person A can follow person B without B having to follow A.

Or replace A with random person and B with Stephen Fry.

Archived