New Doctor Who

stewdogg

I was right, I didn't handle that well.

There's just something about Matt Smith's acting that just grabs me, and makes me a hostage to his intentions. Whilst its not a regular feature in my house, I started crying about halfway through that episode and never really stopped.

It was such a fantastic episode, a perfect send off for Matt's doctor. Like him it bounced between crushingly sad/poignant and full of joy/life. I liked that it was a bit of a 'greatest hits' episode, too. By the time of that final scene, and what happened there, I was blubbing like a little bitch and hadn't even been on the sauce.

The visual of The Doctor walking with the Silence, swinging a cane, was too badass.

• Awards Moderator

I thought it was an incomprehensible mess. And if the intention was for Matt Smith to look like George McFly, well then achievement unlocked.

It was an overwritten, overindulgent desperate attempt to do a hundred things. I really like the idea of Handles but why set him up only to kill him off 20mins later?

The last ten minutes were enjoyable, the preceding 50mins absurd. And not in a good way.

I thank the good Lord (see; Matt Smith, most likely) that you appear to be very solidly in the minority. Critically, it seems to be their most successful in a while, and its done well with the audience. I'm glad.

I'm not for one minute seeing you are one of them, but the second the Russell T Davies/Tennant mob seem to be winning the argument I'm going to start doing some genocide.

I thank the good Lord (see; Matt Smith, most likely) that you appear to be very solidly in the minority. Critically, it seems to be their most successful in a while, and its done well with the audience. I'm glad.

I'm not for one minute seeing you are one of them, but the second the Russell T Davies/Tennant mob seem to be winning the argument I'm going to start doing some genocide.

It was an unadulterated pile of shite. I am a casual Doctor Who fan and hated it. I wish Moffat and Gatiss would just concentrate on the infinitely superior Sherlock.

I love Moffat's writing for Sherlock, but it hasn't suited Doctor Who at all. I feel like he's been very lucky to have Matt Smith who is capable of taking what is often jumbled writing with very little sense of consequence and making it gripping just through his own acting ability. I've enjoyed the run, almost entirely for Matt Smith, and I loved Capaldi's opening line but I would very much like it if Moffat would bugger off now and someone different had a crack at it.

• Paid Members

I hadn't watched since the Eccleston/Tennant days, so wouldn't count myself as anything more than a casual watcher. I'm certainly not someone who hates on Matt Smith or anything. That episode though, from a completely outsider point of view was garbage. If I handed a script like that in for Uni work, I'd fail. It was like a child had wrote it, just nonsense and bad guys and time paradoxes and alternate realities. All fine on their own, but crammed together one after the other and it just felt like whoever wrote it didn't have a clue.

Add me to the haters list. Over indulgent, nonsensical bollocks, between me and the girlfriend we were guessing what would be said almost word for word because it was a walking cliche. Awful

It's a Christmas special episode of Dr Who, which had the unfortunate role of serving as Matt Smith's final episode and tying up all the loose ends. It was never ever going to be the finale he probably deserved because of it's airdate and required 'christmassing up'.

I really enjoyed it, sounds like you were ready to hate it before it even aired to be honest.

• Paid Members

I really enjoyed it. I thought it was a great end for smith. I didn't go in with high expectations of intelligence of story because it's a Christmas show of a time travel programme. Was never going to happen. It was a fun, bombastic ride. Very much enjoywd

• Paid Members
Add me to the haters list. Over indulgent, nonsensical bollocks, between me and the girlfriend we were guessing what would be said almost word for word because it was a walking cliche. Awful

It's a Christmas special episode of Dr Who, which had the unfortunate role of serving as Matt Smith's final episode and tying up all the loose ends. It was never ever going to be the finale he probably deserved because of it's airdate and required 'christmassing up'.

By calling a town "Christmas"? There's adding a seasonal touch to it, and shit, lazy writing. That was shit, lazy writing. They may as well have had elves as bad guys, or have him save Santa.