New Doctor Who

stewdogg

• Paid Members

An Adventure in Space and Time was stunning. David Bradley will be taking home a ton of awards. Just had my heart in the palm of his hand.

Loved all the callback (callforward?) lines too. "Brave heart, Waris!" And "I don't want to go" was a total emotional cheap shot, but my god did it ever catch me hard.

Matt Smith is definitely regenerating tomorrow, isn't he?

I'll be devastated but there's no logic behind having his doctor wheeze on past such an obvious and fitting climax. Plus, we all know Moffatt loves a surprise and there's been an unusual lack of pictures from the Christmas special. There's usually loads of onset pictures published.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

Matt Smith is definitely regenerating tomorrow, isn't he?

I'll be devastated but there's no logic behind having his doctor wheeze on past such an obvious and fitting climax. Plus, we all know Moffatt loves a surprise and there's been an unusual lack of pictures from the Christmas special. There's usually loads of onset pictures published.

I thought he was regenerating at christmas?

• Paid Members

Christmas Day is when Peter Capaldi takes over. Nothing to do with tomorrow. I was at the filming of Graham Norton last night though and got to see both Matt Smith and David Tennant on the sofa. That was brilliant. I'm off to the ExCeL tomorrow for the Doctor Who Celebration and am really excited! Will be finishing off by watching Day of the Doctor at the event with all the other nerds and weirdos.

• Paid Members

My wife and my young daughter are well up for it, and will probably have a 'movie night' to watch it- lights out, popcorn galore etc. I will probably watch it with them as well, if only for the spectacle of seeing Tennant and Smith together. That should be interesting.

• Paid Members

Daz has a point. The images released of the christmas special look awfully similar to scenes I know are in tonights special.

However, I can't see how Capaldi could film an entire episode without anyone noticing.

I'm absolutely 100% convinced that Matt Smith is leaving tomorrow. If nothing else, there's probably not a better time to debut a new Doctor.

I expect all the praise if (see; 'when') I'm right.

I'm not so sure, purely because I'd expect there to be some backlash if they did that from Smith fans, new Who fans confused by the concept and Who fans who for some reason don't like being surprised. If you've promised them two more Smith episodes it might just be easier to give them that.

That and presumably that means Capaldi's costume would have been sorted out long before now and I can't see that not leaking soon after.

That said, I would absolutely adore a multi Doctor episode where the next Doctor appears before the current one's gone. It'd be a lovely ending if Matt Smith leaves in the TARDIS and as it dematerialises we see another TARDIS behind it with Peter Capaldi peering out.

That would be quite nice, a sort of rueful shot of Capaldi's doctor coming back to reminisce as the current doctor rides off.

This is going to be their biggest ever audience, or at least that's what the massive marketing campaign has been aiming for, and their biggest ever event; I just think everything slots into place for the new Doctor to debut this evening. There's been the cryptic shots of Matt Smith popping up across the BBC where he says 'it's all been leading to this' and Moffatt saying the ending is a 'game changer' and the show will 'never be the same' (amongst a bunch of other things) that lead me to think that there's going to be a surprise. Probably Big Pete.

Also, I just think it'll be a bit flat if we have this absolutely huge event tonight and then Smith pops back in a months time to piss about in a christmas hat.

And, it's exactly the sort of surprise Moffatt tugs himself raw over.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

'Well, Santa must be real...I asked my mum and she swore blind he was.'

Yeah, I feel like you might not quite get what a surprise is.

I'm not saying that it definitely will happen, i'm saying i'm convinced it will and demand the appropriate praise if i've called it right.