New Doctor Who

stewdogg

Seeing as people are talking about Doctor Who again, now's as good a time as any to once again highlight my reviews of Who, which are now up to - coincidentally enough - the story with Peter Capaldi in it, The Fires of Pompeii

All the reviews, right here - http://stuartreviewsstuff.wordpress.com/index/

If you like them, give my blog a like on Facebook here

Edited by sgmilne

• Paid Members

Fuck me, you've actually done all that?! I remember reading the first one and hoping you'd get through a decent amount, but jesus, that's impressive. I'll have a look through some of them for sure.

It's going to be Dawn French or another female isn't it? Oh, right this isn't a TNA reveal, sorry. A lass Doctor has been mooted forever and a day, that would justify the hype. Failing that, the other suggestion would be Tennant returning, which again would be news worthy in it's own right.

• Paid Members
I had a horrible thought. The show is being presented by Zoe Ball. What if it's a major swereve, and the new Doctor is actually Zoe Ball?

I said the same the other day on Twitter. With the big reveal on TV tonight whomever it is has to have name value, so I woke up this morning and thought maybe Robert Carlyle is back in the frame? He was being banded about last time and then nothing this time? Maybe.

That would just be amazing. Doubt it would happen due due to his commitments with once upon a time, but who knows?

Fuck me, you've actually done all that?! I remember reading the first one and hoping you'd get through a decent amount, but jesus, that's impressive. I'll have a look through some of them for sure.

Cheers.

Yeah, I just started it for fun but I'll soon be up to date and I'm sure I'll get a sense of achievement having done them all.

Might release it as an ebook or something when it's done; I mean, if the Wife in Space blog can do it...

• Paid Members

I'm as happy as I could be given that it's a white man. Can't wait to see him in action. Moffat being asked for a 3-word description and saying "different from Matt" is all the endorsement I need. Smith was different from Tennant and it was exactly what was needed. I've been terrified that when Smith, MY Doctor, left, the show would stop being what I loved, but now I'm actually looking forward to the change. Maybe because, when push comes to shove, I know I can learn to love it in a whole new way. Bring on the Capaldi era.

For the talk of it being a surprising choice, its a very conventional choice. Not that that's a bad thing obviously, I'm quite glad that they didn't stick to the mold they seemed to have developed and Capaldi's obviously talented ad passionate enough to do something great with it.

As for the show itself, well, yeah, that was pretty grotty and kinda put Capaldi in a completely unenviable situation.