New Doctor Who

stewdogg

To be fair Daz your logic of "they like lying" kind of also applies to their "its a game changer" and "its all leading to this" build up. Some of the previous builds haven't concluded well. Although the "Doctor Who?" build kind of had a more satisfying conclusion than most in that they just went "that's a silly question anyway, look JOHN HURT" which is a pretty sound argument.

Personally I just want a fun story. I'm somewhat wary about how epic its all looking really. They probably couldn't do a twinkly reunion like the 5 Doctors though, not in 3D.

As an aside Carol Ann Ford's subtle cameo the other night has made me realize how utterly desperate I am for Susan interacting with Smith's Doctor and how utterly un-compelled I would be if they did it with Capaldi. I doubt they ever will anyway.

I'm with you there, Smiths ability to tap into the Doctors heart and convey the weight of his history and relationships makes the idea of him meeting any character particularly close to the Doctors past exciting.

I'm not a great Billie Piper fan, but such was the Doctors connection with her that I hope they meet tonight. That could be ace.

I feel like you might be taking this a touch seriously. But, to clarify, i'm not confused and it hasn't passed me by that those involved might have us believe that Matt Smith is popping his clogs at Christmas. I'm just saying that I think they may be lying.

If it fits the story fair enough but I don't think it would be appropriate for this one. Its not like there was a chance of Pertwee or Davison regenerating in "The Three" and "The Five" for eg.

It's the stuff outside of the story, really, that's convinced me.

They're having a live after party for Christ's sake. There's not much besides a regeneration they can do to live up to the hype they've deliberately created.

I guess they could dissolve the time lock so the time lords and the daleks and Gallifrey are all back, but they even that seems flat in relation to the relentless marketing campaign.

• Awards Moderator

I'm not going to be able to watch 'Day of the Doctor' live, unfortunately, I'll have to wait a couple of hours, but I'm watching 'The Name of the Doctor' in anticipation, and so I can remember what happened leading up to IT'S JOHN HURT WHAT'S JOHN HURT DOING THERE. If Smith is regenerating tonight, I'll be quite sad - I know it's coming soon regardless, but he's bloody brilliant in the role and I'll miss him.

I'll probably also watch 'Night of the Doctor' and that other short video they put out recently. Plus I have An Adventure In... to watch at some point, can't wait for that.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

I feel a little disappointed by that episode to be honest, it wasn't bad but I think I was expecting the best thing ever with all the hype and it was just a good episode. Also, on the fake regeneration point, I wouldn't be surprised if it is bullshit and they are working everyone. It'd be a wonderful twist.

• Paid Members

Never doubt Moffat. Never. That was absolutely stunning. I began to think it was moving a little slowly, but the total nerdgasm blowout that was the last twentyish minutes was just perfect. All the callback lines, all the perfectly-judged humour, and, and, AND...

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

"All twelve! No... all thirteen.[/img]

EDIT: This didn't work.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by Up Chuck

I loved that. They nailed the feel perfectly. A fun bombastic and nutty romp.

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

The best bit for me was in the gents afterwards when a small boy was asking his dad all about one of people in it (vague enough?), Lovely.

• Paid Members
I feel a little disappointed by that episode to be honest, it wasn't bad but I think I was expecting the best thing ever with all the hype and it was just a good episode. Also, on the fake regeneration point, I wouldn't be surprised if it is bullshit and they are working everyone. It'd be a wonderful twist.

What do you mean by fake regeneration?