New Doctor Who

stewdogg

To be fair whoever they get, unless it's a really big name, is going to be met with some people in the audience having no buggering clue who they are. They're just expecting a nice audience who'll react as they're encouraged to I think. Which hopefully they'll get.

Its a shame its not a two hour live talent show where the candidates will have to complete challenges like "who waves the sonic screwdriver about the best" and so on. I mean, as a fan of the show it'd be crap, but it'd make such wonderful car crash television. Its now time for the "snog the companion" contest, and then who can talk to a robotic dog for the longest without laughing and then give them sixty seconds to rummage through an old costume box and put on the coolest costume. I know it'd be awful but a perverse part of me would love to see that. Throw in a knobbly knees round becuase I think Doctors should have knobbly knees.

:) Damien Molony is my pick, called it back when he was doing Being Human.

• Paid Members

Why do they keep saying that this will be the 12th Doctor, when it s the 14th?

Sorry if this is answered earlier in this thread, really can't be arsed reading through it all.

Sorry if this is answered earlier in this thread, really can't be arsed reading through it all.

Movie one isn't recognised as canon, and I'm assuming you mean John Hurt bumping everyone up one which hasn't been officially confirmed so until then it's still the 12th.

• Paid Members

Movie one isn't recognised as canon, and I'm assuming you mean John Hurt bumping everyone up one which hasn't been officially confirmed so until then it's still the 12th.

It is by me! John Hurt was introduced as the doctor, so I'm happy to call him as such, and as for Peter Cushing, He could be an incarnation before William Hartnell or years in the future. It is a story after all.

It is by me! John Hurt was introduced as the doctor, so I'm happy to call him as such, and as for Peter Cushing, He could be an incarnation before William Hartnell or years in the future. It is a story after all.

As Up Chuck says, Cushing was stated as being human, not part of the lore. as for Hurt, yes it's pretty set in stone that once the anniversary happens he'll be confirmed as an extra doctor making Smith the 12th and the new doctor the 13th, but until then it's still speculation.

Brian Bendis has tweeted to congratulate Idris Elba on the gig, and Elba himself has pulled out of his DJ shows for the next week.

Bendis is probably trolling, though. Elba's in a Mandela biopic soon that's going to make him into a massive star.

• Paid Members
I had a horrible thought. The show is being presented by Zoe Ball. What if it's a major swereve, and the new Doctor is actually Zoe Ball?

I said the same the other day on Twitter. With the big reveal on TV tonight whomever it is has to have name value, so I woke up this morning and thought maybe Robert Carlyle is back in the frame? He was being banded about last time and then nothing this time? Maybe.

Peter Capaldi seems to be nailed on, with Idris Elba and Daniel Rigby the closest contenders.

But, Moffatt seems to be pretty confident that no one actually knows so, who knows? I hope it's not Robert Carlyle, he's a busted flush. He was shite in SGU.