What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

Before the new TV season starts I always see things that look decent but never get round to watching,

I made an effort this time and I'm up to date (US pace) with new US sitcoms Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Trophy Wife. Neither feels particularly original but I'm enjoying them both and they're both easy watches, Brooklyn Nine-Nine has Andy Samberg from Hot Rod as a New York detective with a good ensemble cast and Trophy Wife has Malin Akerman from Children's Hospital and Watchmen as a hot young woman maried to a rich older guy with 3 kids and 2 nightmare ex wives constantly on the scene. Anyone else watching them?

I also just watched the pilot for the Sci Fi cop show Almost Human about a grumpy amnesiac cop forced to partner with a robot who can feel emotion (how's that for a Troy Mclure sounding synopsis?) and I liked it a lot, will definitely stick with it for a bit. Feels nice to be watching new stuff as most of the things I watch have got pretty stale (except Arrow which is having a great second season).

It's not new but I also watched 3 series of Childrens Hospital which I'd heard of but didn't really know about, it's basically a ridiculous parody of medical dramas and each episode is only 10 minutes long. It's not always hilarious but I've been enjoying it. Michael Cera's name is in the credits in every episode and it took me 2 and a half series to work out which character he is.

• Paid Members

I do what Jobs/Bellend does. See whats new and appealing and check them out. Ended up with...

- Brooklyn Nine Nine

- Trophy Wife

- The Crazy Ones (Robin Williams being eccentric with Sarah Michelle Gellar playing his daughter.)

- The Goldbergs

The Goldbergs most enjoyable so far even if the plot is "80's family comedy." Two sons steal the show but don't think that will stop it running out of steam mid season 2.

Anyone been watching Huey Morgan's documentaries on the blues on BBC4? I'm watching Part 2 at the moment and it's sublime. If you have any interest in music you really should give them a watch.

You might like Later with Jools Holland tonight, it's a compilation of Blues.

• Awards Moderator
Anyone been watching Huey Morgan's documentaries on the blues on BBC4? I'm watching Part 2 at the moment and it's sublime. If you have any interest in music you really should give them a watch.

You might like Later with Jools Holland tonight, it's a compilation of Blues.

I might indeed, thanks for the heads up.

• Paid Members
Holy shit! I only just found out that Saul Berensen from Homeland is the same guy that played Indigo Montoya in The Princess Bride...i never would have spotted that, ever!

He also played one of the greatest ever cinema villains in "Elmo in Grouchland".

• 4 weeks later...

seems to be an annual post of mine, but need a new comedy to watch as caught up with It's Always Sunny...

Criteria: US based 30 min or under

already seen The Office, 30 Rock, Parks & Rec, Californication, Entourage, Modern Family...

Currently watching Eastbound and Down, Childrens Hospital, Trailer Park Boys...

Wasn't into New Girl or Happy Endings...

Errrrm is there anything in the same sorta vibe? Is Freaks and Geeks worth a shout? Curb?