What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members
Being Human has been excellent so far this series with this past episode being absolutley tremendous. One of the most akward/funniest sex scenes and some genuinely scary moments. This show is just fantastic

Agreed. I was lent the boxset last week and plowed through the first two series and am up to speed on the new series now. Some fantastic writing on it. Not often I laugh out loud but Mitchell and George having a breakdown when Hustle wasn't on tv was great

Anyone been keeping up with Shameless USA? I've been really enjoying the show as it's got a cast of genuinely brilliant actors and it's really well scripted. Very enjoyable indeed, and I'm now convinced by William H Macy as Frank.

It's far better than it's UK counterpart this year which has become a revolving door of pointless weekly tragedies.

I'm almost convinced they are doing it on purpose and turning it into a kitch B show.

• 3 weeks later...

any Community fans on here, without a doubt my favorite american comedy at the moment, dare i say if it continues as it does, it might be another AD :o

i was ready to dismiss it at first, but my mate who has really similar taste begged me to get into it, and ended up flying through them in about a day. mixes good ol' comedy of different characters stuck together in a setting, with a plethora of pop culture references and some amazing concept-episodes, with enough meta-love to make charlie kauffman do a a little wee. i implore people to seek it out, especially the dungeons and dragons and xmas ep. also has joel mchale and chevy fucking chase in it, plus superb young talent in donald glover, who seems to be able to do everything under the son. plus allison brie <3

one example of a great gem, ive just noticed that in a past ep, abed helps a pregnant woman give birth at various stages of the ep in the background, which i never noticed before...amazing.

so any fans?

Edited by dharmabear

I ended up switching on Lets Dance For Comic Relief at the weekend, just to watch Ade Edmonson really. So glad I did! A cameo from Rik Mayall made me mark out big time, was genuinely surprised as I thought they wouldn't be working together again, and although it was only for charity, they still had the old chemistry. Anyway, Ade won and the final is on the 12th :)

• Paid Members

Don't watch the old ones on D-Max though because they're crap - Dave Lamb doesn't take the piss out of people and they spend too much time focusing on the actual cooking.

• Paid Members

Thanks to the amazing Sky Atlantic, I've started watching Curb Your Enthusiasm and The Sopranos. Both are just brilliant, especially Curb. Some of the funniest stuff I've seen in a long time!

• 2 weeks later...

Just started to watch "Diners, drive-ins and dives" on Food Network. Its sort of like Man vs Food, only without the challange at the end, and without the huge portion sizes. The best part of Man vs Food, for me, is just seeing all these unique food places around the US, and this show is similar to that idea. The host of a bit of a tit, but its still fairly interesting to watch if theres nothing else on.

• Paid Members

Anybody catch Katie: My beautiful friends on Channel 4 last night? Its about Katie (the TV presenter/model that had acid thrown in her face) setting up a charity for victims similar to her and meeting people with scars and disfigurements.

The last 5 minutes were horrifying/tragic. The women screaming in pain as the doctor rips the stitches off her nose, all you see during this is her mother cringing/crying listening to her daughter in pain.

Edited by Blackson Jackson

• Paid Members

ive been watching Season 1 of Steven Seagal: Lawman...i like it! The show gets a lot of stick, there's talk that it's staged, but being a fan of Steven Seagal it's nice to actually see him being normal as opposed to his 'movie persona'. Seagal actually seems a pretty cool guy, a little 'different' but cool all the same.

The show itself is basically like any other Cops knock-off but it's cool...the show actually delves a little into Seagal's lifestyle as well, shows him with his band, training and all that kind of stuff.

I'll continue to watch.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Anyone else watching The Walking Dead?. I watched it last night on 5 and immediately downloaded the rest of the series. It's nice to have something on Channel 5 that isn't Spiderman for a change.