UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

After Wrestlemania 12, they chopped up the canvas and sold the pieces off with a plaque of Shawn winning the title. Has anybody ever seen one of these floating around on eBay? Not after one, but would like to see any photos of it other than the on screen graphic at the event.

I've watched bit and pieces of Memphis and enjoyed it but when's a good year to just dive in and pig out on their weekly TV?

Probably 1981. That's when Terry Funk shows up in the studio and goes absolutely mental and begins the Lawler feud. The promos, the empty arena angle and the No DQ match are all classics. You also have Bill Dundee being awesome in the midcard against Jimmy Hart's cronies.

Really though, you can't go wrong between 1980 - 85. 1982 starts with the intense Lawler- Dutch Mantell feud which includes an excellent barbed wire match, and it ends with Lawler having it out with the brilliant pompous prick Nick Bockwinkel. In 1983 there's the beginnings of an exciting tag team division with the Fabulous Ones, Moondogs, PYT's , Rock n' Rolls etc., as well as the Lawler vs Dundee 'loser leaves town' match which is one of the best ever. In 84 you get the dreamy Tommy Rich/Eddie Gilbert pairing and their subsequent messy split, as well as some whirlwind called Randy Savage tearing it up . . .

Eh yeah, 1981 I reckon.

• Paid Members
After Wrestlemania 12, they chopped up the canvas and sold the pieces off with a plaque of Shawn winning the title. Has anybody ever seen one of these floating around on eBay? Not after one, but would like to see any photos of it other than the on screen graphic at the event.

Yeah. Dragon Gate USA champion Johnny Gargano has one. Here's one:

12hbk.jpg

Here's an unboxing of one on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsJVrXutLnc

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I think Sky boxes used to pick up a German channel, I want to say DSF, that used to show them so if you were dedicated, you could see them, but it would be overdubbed in German. Don't know when they stopped doing them though. It seems odd that TNT never picked them up seeing as the shows they broadcast were to build up to the PPV. Must've been odd watching weeks of storylines and never seeing the pay-off.

• Paid Members

I immediately regretted us getting Sky Digital when finding out the German channels were gone forever. DSF had all the WCW shows, and RTL2 for WWF. It was also handy during the summer when my Dad would cancel Sky Sports as the Football and Rugby wasn't on, although WWF was two weeks behind.

• Paid Members
I think Sky boxes used to pick up a German channel, I want to say DSF, that used to show them so if you were dedicated, you could see them, but it would be overdubbed in German.

And they pumped them full of adverts so it took you about 5 hours to watch Bash at the Beach '98. That main event drags watching it normally, but watching DSF's version with the pattern of an advert break, back to the show for a spell of nothing happening and Rodman having a nap on the top turnbuckle, then another advert break, made me feel like stringing myself up.