UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

There was a point when CMLL was considered the second biggest promotion wasn't there? Although that might have been more to do with attendance levels come to think of it. I'm guessing you're looking between NJPW and CMLL as the only real competitiors for that. I'd presume NJPW given who they're owned by.

Somebody else can work it out far better than that though. I'm just guessing really.

Hello, I've just upgraded my Sky in order to get Sky Sports and I'm confused what time and channel is Raw on live? I've had a look at the Sky TV guide and I can't find Raw on Monday on any of the channels, also what is WWE Special?

• Paid Members

WWE Special is basically a cut-down version of a DVD documentry to fit 60 mins. It's basically to hype an upcoming Sky Box Office PPV. You only really see it when a Sky Box Office event is happening shortly.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

Hello, I've just upgraded my Sky in order to get Sky Sports and I'm confused what time and channel is Raw on live? I've had a look at the Sky TV guide and I can't find Raw on Monday on any of the channels, also what is WWE Special?

Raw is live at 1 am every Monday night/Tuesday morning on Sky Sports 3 (403 on Sky guide)

Speaking of which, what is the WWE special this time around?

One of the Nitro sets, don't know if its a repeat of volume 1 or the new volume 2 set

Prob been asked before so apologies, but I was listening to Review a Wai earlier and it was about 2002 during the brand split Raw before Summerslam. So was just wondering what was the highest grossing Brand Split single brand PPV?Cant imagine it was a Smackdown one..?

How many singles matches has Roman Reigns had since debuting with the Shield? I can remember both Rollins and Ambrose having a decent amount, but for Reigns I'm struggling to think of even one. He must've had at least a couple I imagine but damned if I can remember them.

• Paid Members
Vengeance 2005 was the most bought single-brand PPV.

No shock there, the lineup was small but fucking stacked. It was smack-dab in the middle of the draft so took place in that brief period after WWE Champion John Cena had been drafted to Raw but before World Heavyweight Champion Batista had been drafted to SmackDown, so both appeared on the "Raw PPV." Angle's move to Raw precipitated the instant (hotly anticipated) rematch with HBK and briefcase-holder Edge was on fire with the recently-outed-as-slag Lita.

Just as a reminder what the card offered :

Christy Hemme VS Victoria

Carlito (new I champ) VS Shelton Benjamin

Kane VS Edge

Shawn Michaels VS Kurt Angle

John Cena (WWE Champ) VS Chris Jericho VS Christian

Dave Batista (World Champ) VS Triple H (Hell In A Cell)

Look at that. You bother with that one, don'tcha? I sure as hell did.

Edited by air_raid

Batista was the fucking man at that time, too. That feud with Triple H was electric.

That's the feud that made wrestling an obsession for me, that's what started me thinking I'd love to do it myself. Everything good about wrestling was embodied in that one feud.