UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

It's whatever the promoter/booker decides to call it, depending on the made-up rules they are using. Foley beat Rock that way at the December 98 PPV and didn't get the title because it "wasn't a pinfall or submission", but Piper beat Mountie for the I-C title that way.I think in MMA it's classed as a submission (though obviously the ref usually only drops the arm once.)

I think in MMA it's classed as a submission (though obviously the ref usually only drops the arm once.)

Jon Jones vs Lyoto Machida was announced as being ended by submission after Machida was out cold.

• Paid Members

Raw isn't going on the WWE Network. USA is one of their big revenue streams. Putting their flagship show on a Network they'd have to spend a shitload on even launching would be the dumbest move in the history of the business. They are only doing 3 hours because the money USA is giving them is to much to turn down. Going back to 2 hours would mean less money from advertisements and the USA network itself. Get used to 3 hours. Its here to stay.The B and some A PPVs might go on there, since people have to pay for those anyway. It might be a carrot to get people to pay for the monthly subscription. Thats assuming the Network even happens.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Raw isn't going on the WWE Network. USA is one of their big revenue streams. Putting their flagship show on a Network they'd have to spend a shitload on even launching would be the dumbest move in the history of the business. They are only doing 3 hours because the money USA is giving them is to much to turn down. Going back to 2 hours would mean less money from advertisements and the network itself. Get used to 3 hours. Its here to stay.The B and some A PPVs might go on there, since people have to pay for those anyway. It might be a carrot to get people to pay for the monthly subscription.

Urrrgh. Oh well.

• Paid Members

So, you know how for a while there were so many members of The Nation that half of them were referred to on commentary as "that Nation member"? Does anyone have a full list of who was in the Nation, and who was the one that got put through the Rougeaus announce table at Royal Rumble 1997 by Ahmed Johnson?

So, you know how for a while there were so many members of The Nation that half of them were referred to on commentary as "that Nation member"? Does anyone have a full list of who was in the Nation, and who was the one that got put through the Rougeaus announce table at Royal Rumble 1997 by Ahmed Johnson?

There was FaarooqAhmed JohnsonThe RockD'Lo BrownCrushMark HenryOwen HartKamaClarence MasonSavio VegaWolfie DJC IceI *think* thats it

• Paid Members

There was Ron Simmons, Crush, Savio Vega, Clarence Mason, D'Lo Brown, JC Ice and Wolfie D and then there was interchangeable local indy workers. Cant find their names anywhere.

D'Lo Brown got put through the table I believe.

EDIT: Actually now looking at them, they could be just random black men they took off the street. They dont look like wrestlers.

0213RAW_06091997_0003.jpg

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

There was Ron Simmons, Crush, Savio Vega, Clarence Mason, D'Lo Brown, JC Ice and Wolfie D and then there was interchangeable local indy workers. Cant find their names anywhere.D'Lo Brown got put through the table I believe.EDIT: Actually now looking at them, they could be just random black men they took off the street. They dont look like wrestlers.

I was wondering if they were just some indy guys or some locals off the street. Really weird how many they had. They also had some woman with them at Royal Rumble 1997. Didn't realise it was D'Lo going through the table, didn't look like him at all! Edited by Devon Malcolm