UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

FMW brought him in as a ref in the late 90's. I'm guessing if you're bringing someone like Shawn in you're looking for more mainstream appeal, and presumably Shawn was either offered good money or was sniffing for a deal for his academy boys.

• Paid Members

Is it possible to change your name on this? I've had a look about in my profiley bit and stuff but can't seem to find away to change it.

EDIT: Sorry, had a look in another thread and found what I was looking for.

Edited by cactus_stumo

• Paid Members
FMW brought him in as a ref in the late 90's. I'm guessing if you're bringing someone like Shawn in you're looking for more mainstream appeal, and presumably Shawn was either offered good money or was sniffing for a deal for his academy boys.

I believe Cade worked a short spell in FMW around this time.

I believe Cade worked a short spell in FMW around this time.

cade and danielson in fmw

• Paid Members

Shawn Michaels was open to a few things back in 2000s. He wasn't on super good terms with the WWF. I remember he was trying to work out a deal (which obviously died on its arse) to get into ECW to work an angle with Justin Credible, and to have his students work on ECW on TNN regularly. How strange that would have been. Daniel Bryan and Brian Kendrick on national TV long before eventually they did. Daniel Bryan even tells a story in an interview that the reason WWF signed him to a developmental deal in 2000 was because Michaels told them if they didn't he was going to get them signed to WCW.

I remember there was talk at the time about what Michaels would have done in 2001. His contract ended in March 2001, and had that big falling out with McMahon and Triple H and he only resigned later on when he found the lord. Makes you wonder if WCW would have tried to convince him to jump to WCW if the sale had gone through. They didn't seem to mind taking members of the 'personal demon' squad on. Especially with Nash and Hall there. The old Shawn Michaels used to make his decisions based on his emotions at the time. Jumping to WCW to get back at them seemed like something he'd have done.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Speaking of Cade, it really is crazy to think its just over two years since he died. Still feels like it was recent.

It is for me because I didn't actually know he was dead until you said that.

How did you take the news?

I think I've pretty much got to the stage where young wrestling deaths just cause an initial eyebrow raise and that's about it.

Right then, let's get really fucking nerdy and lame.

How many different kinds of WWF/E rope colour combos can you name, from about 1985 onwards. I've got this list, but I'm happy to take additions so I can have a nosey on Youtube. I like it when they tinker with stuff like this. Anyway, here we go:

- Red, White and Blue (Everything, for the most part, till 97)

- Two black, one gold (Mania 9 & 10)

- All yellow (Shotgun nightclub taping era/NXT)

- Two red, one black (That Raw episode where they did that in 97)

- All Red (Raw, until just the other year)

- All Blue (Smackdown)

- All Black (Sunday Night Heat, lots of Attitude Era (and beyond) shows)

- All White (Current run of Raw, and probably lots of PPVs. I recall a Rumble being the first time I remember it but I could be making that up)

- Half Red/Half Blue (Bragging Rights)

- A navy/dark blue (Wrestlemania 25?)

- Orange (Wrestlemania 24)

Anymore? Have we ever had green? Or silver maybe?