UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

I'm sure I read somewhere (possibly on here) that back in '87 the plan was to put the IC title on Butch Reed instead of Honky Tonk - does anyone know if this is true and if so was he was just going to be a transitional champ or was it going to be the start of a big push? Watching back some old TV stuff from '87 Reed was hardly what you would've called a big star.

I was watching a shoot interview the other day where Honky himself gave the no-show line and denied that Butch Reed was there for the celebration when the video was brought up. Of course, the interview was with Feinstein, who has never watched any wrestling apart from mid-90s ECW and is a fucking idiot, so he hadn't actually watched the clip and didn't argue the point.

• Paid Members
I was watching a shoot interview the other day where Honky himself gave the no-show line and denied that Butch Reed was there for the celebration when the video was brought up. Of course, the interview was with Feinstein, who has never watched any wrestling apart from mid-90s ECW and is a fucking idiot, so he hadn't actually watched the clip and didn't argue the point.

Would it be more likely that Butch Reed was still supposed to go over, although had done something on the day (or around that time) to piss people off, thus changing the match and have Honkey go over?

• Paid Members
Thought we'd already established "Butch Reed no-showed" as bollocks. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...CN9oKcmZ4#t=29s

I think the story was, he no showed the dates leading up to the match, which promoted the title switch, not that he no showed the title switch. So they didn't want to but the belt on him because of him because of that.

Randy's all up in the camera in that video, isnt he?

Or just that Hogan told them to belt the belt on his boy on the day, and Reed didn't really give a shit?

The belt isnt like it is in 2012. Reed would have definitely given a shit, but when you had the IC title in 1987, your money went up, your position on the card went up and you were usually expected to go on the road on headline shows Hogan wasnt on.

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

I was reading in an old FSM about the rise and fall of the FWA. It talks of an infamous show in Acton. Which showed what happens when alcohol and wrestlers mix. What's the story?

Isn't that where Alex Shane slapped Jake Roberts about for being a dick whilst being drunk or was that elsewhere?

Also does anyone know what year or who the Tombstone Piledriver was invented by?

Supposedly the show where the Jake Roberts incident happened was in Brent Town Hall. Whether any of it is true or not I don't really know. The show did start late, although that was standard FWA proceedure, and did have an open tag challenge where I'm pretty sure one of the guys who answered was a security guard (trainee). It did seem a little odd.

The only FWA show in Acton I can remember (though I'm pretty sure there would have been shows before) was one where they drew quite a small crowd, checked people for weapons as they went into the building, and had a pretty good show. The only person who seemed drunk that night was one of the St Johns women who was well up for a night of the old wrestling.