UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

How can TNA do the ranking system when they arent live? That was the big idea for it, that they'd have the poll and on Mondays live show, they'd announce it. They moved back to Thursday soon after it was announced. Its impossible to do a Contenders poll when you tape three shows over a two day period.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

• Paid Members

Did NXT air on sky sports as usual this week? My Sky+ hasn't recorded it. Is there an earlier repeat than monday night?

Did NXT air on sky sports as usual this week? My Sky+ hasn't recorded it. Is there an earlier repeat than monday night?

It's on Saturday at 10pm I think.

It wasn't on last night for some reason, but the planner didn't change. It might have been on later I suppose.

It was on an old Hulk Hogan video release, it was the match against The Big Boss Man in a steel cage match. Can someone confirm the date of the match and whether or not it's the match on the latest Silvervision Hulk Hogan dvd release?

• Paid Members
It was on an old Hulk Hogan video release, it was the match against The Big Boss Man in a steel cage match. Can someone confirm the date of the match and whether or not it's the match on the latest Silvervision Hulk Hogan dvd release?

Judging by the date on the recent Silver Vision DVD (December 17, 1988), thats a match from a house show around Survivor Series 88. That isnt the same match from the Best of Hulkamania video, because that was held before WrestleMania 5, which might have been in the Boston Gardens on March 16, which was held in a cage. There was a more famous Boss Man vs Hogan Cage Match held on May 27, 1989 which was the debut of Zeus and the end of the long running feud between Hogan and Boss Man, which was released on the Best of Saturday Nights Main Event video back in the early 90s. Either way, there are so many Boss Man/Hogan matches out there on video and DVD, you probably wont run into the same on twice.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

Does anybody know which ecw delta dvd releases feature the dubbed out themes and which one's dont?

The ones released with all proper un-edited music (in chronological order):

- Barely Legal

- Hardcore Heaven 1997

- November To Remember 1997

- Living Dangerously 1998

- WrestlePalooza 1998

- HeatWave 1998

- November To Remember 1998

- Guilty As Charged 1999

- Living Dangerously 1999

- Hardcore Heaven 1999

- HeatWave 1999

- Anarchy Rulz 1999

- November To Remember 1999

- Guilty As Charged 2000

- Living Dangerously 2000

- Hardcore Heaven 2000

- HeatWave 2000

- Anarchy Rulz 2000

Every other Delta dvd had the crappy edited music.

:thumbsup:

• Paid Members

Can any one give me card listings for these shows:

SMW Volunteer Slam 1992

SMW Bluegrass Brawl 1993

SMW Thanksgiving Thunder 1993

SMW Sunday Bloody Sunday 1994

Many Thanks.

• Paid Members

Event: Sunday Bloody Sunday

Date: February 13, 1994

Arena: Civic Coliseum

Attendence: 3,950

Anthony Michaels pinned Hornet....Chris Candido pinned Tracey Smothers....Football Helmet on a Pole Match: Doug and Mike Furnas defeated The Heavenly Bodies (Del Rey and Pritchard) in a "football helmet on a pole" match when Doug pinned Pritchard....Texas Death Match: The Bullet defeated Terry Funk in a "Texas death" match....Smoky Mountain Wrestling Tag Team Title Match: The Rock-n-Roll Express (Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson) defeated The Heavenly Bodies (Jimmy Del Rey and Tom Pritchard) by Disqualification. The Heavenly Bodies retain the tag team titles....Smoky Mountain Wrestling Heavyweight Title Match (Chain Match): Tony Anthony defeated Brian Lee in a "chain" match to win the title....Steel Cage Match: The Bruise Brothers (Ron and Don Harris) defeated Moondogs (Spot and Rex) in a "steel cage" match when Rex was pinned.

Event: Thanksgiving Thunder 1993

Date: November 26, 1993

Arena: City Coliseum

Attendence: 1,280

Loser is Tarred and Feathered Match: Bobby Blaze pinned Chris Candido (17:15) in a "loser is tarred and feathered" match....Prince Kharis defeated Tim Horner (8:37) via sleeperhold....First Blood Match: The Bullet defeated Kevin Sullivan (3:18) in a "first blood" match....The Rock-n-Roll Express (Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson) fought to a No Contest with The Moondogs (8:22)....Smoky Mountain Wrestling Heavyweight Title Match: Brian Lee defeated Tony Anthony (10:43) by Disqualification....Street Fight Match: The Bruise Brothers (Ron Harris and Don Harris) defeated The Heavenly Bodies (Jimmy Del Rey and Tom Pritchard) (14:40) in a "street fight"

Can't find the other ones though mate.

Edit. Yes i fucking can!.

Event: Volunteer Slam I

Date: May 22, 1992

Arena: City Coliseum

Attendence: 1,000

Joey Maggs and Hector Guerrero defeated Rip Rogers and Barry Horowitz (11:00) when Guerrero pinned Horowitz....Tony Anthony pinned Dixie Dynamite (7:00)....Brian Lee pinned Buddy Landell (7:00)....Paul Orndorff pinned Tim Horner (18:00)....Robert Gibson pinned Jimmy Golden (8:00)....Brian Lee pinned Tony Anthony (11:00)....Paul Orndorff pinned Robert Gibson (11:00)....Smoky Mountain Wrestling Tag Team Title Match: The Heavenly Bodies (Stan Lane and Tom Pritchard) defeated Davey and Johnny Rich (13:00) when Lane pinned Johnny to retain the tag team titles....Smoky Mountain Wrestling Heavyweight Title Match: Brian Lee defeated Paul Orndorff (10:00) by Disqualification to win the title

Event: Bluegrass Brawl I

Date: April 2, 1993

Arena: College Gym

Attendence: 2,000

Robbie Eagle pinned Rip Rogers....The Mongolian Stomper pinned Rob Morgan....Tim Horner defeated The Nightstalker by Disqualification....Singapore Spike Match: Brian Lee pinned Kevin Sullivan in a "Singapore spike" match....Smoky Mountain Heavyweight Title Match (Chain Match): Tracey Smothers defeated The Dirty White Boy in a "chain" match to win the title....Triangular Street Fight Match: The Heavenly Bodies (Bobby Eaton, Stan Lane, and Tom Pritchard) defeated The Rock-n-Roll Express (Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson) and Arn Anderson and Dutch Mantel, Jimmy Golden, and Robert Fuller in a "triangular street fight" match. Tom Pritchard pinned Robert Fuller. Tom Pritchard pinned Robert Gibson.

Edited by CleetusVanDamme

• Paid Members

Just watching this week's Raw and Cole and Lawler did a plug for Mick Foley's new book... Did I miss something or is that a little bit odd??? Anyone able to shed some light on this?

Edited by Quentin

Just watching this week's Raw and Cole and Lawler did a plug for Mick Foley's new book... Did I miss something or is that a little bit odd??? Anyone able to shed some light on this?

This has been mentioned over a few threads the last few days. It was plugged on SmackDown also, and there's even an interview with Foley on WWE.com for the new book. There's a thread about it if you have a quick look around. Foley and WWE seem to be on talking terms.

• Paid Members

Judging by the date on the recent Silver Vision DVD (December 17, 1988), thats a match from a house show around Survivor Series 88. That isnt the same match from the Best of Hulkamania video, because that was held before WrestleMania 5, which might have been in the Boston Gardens on March 16, which was held in a cage. There was a more famous Boss Man vs Hogan Cage Match held on May 27, 1989 which was the debut of Zeus and the end of the long running feud between Hogan and Boss Man, which was released on the Best of Saturday Nights Main Event video back in the early 90s. Either way, there are so many Boss Man/Hogan matches out there on video and DVD, you probably wont run into the same on twice.

What sort of business did that feud do? I'd always assumed since they never really did anything else top line with Boss Man again that it must have been a failure, but if it went on for a while, I guess it wasn't too shabby?