General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Moderators

No worries, easy mistake to make -

It's just showing you threads posted in in the last 7 days by default, so the outage is why the list is shorter than usual. If you look at the blue banner at the top of the list of posts and click on the tab that says "custom" you can change this.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

It's because the forum defaults to only show threads from the last seven days, of which there aren't many given the forum was down. You can change that at the top of the board though.

Edit:  :dickin:

Edited by Au

• Awards Moderator

Anybody seen the latest Hobbit trailer? It starts off quite promisingly but then the over-reliance on CGI comes tumbling in and it's all quite disappointing. I'm sort of hoping the visual effects aren't finished yet, because if they're the finished job it's going to end up looking like a game cutscene... but I'll remain hopeful...

• Awards Moderator

There's only really a giant battle left to cover. If you think it's not going to be a CG-fest, you're watching the wrong trilogy.

Just to be a really contrary sod, I really enjoyed the first two and am actively looking forward to a giant 3 Blu-ray extended edition box set next year. I just really enjoy being back in Middle Earth, and if Martin Freeman and Ian McKellen are there I'm happy.

• Moderators

Just to be a really contrary sod, I really enjoyed the first two and am actively looking forward to a giant 3 Blu-ray extended edition box set next year. I just really enjoy being back in Middle Earth, and if Martin Freeman and Ian McKellen are there I'm happy.

As I've said from the start, what I would really like to watch is a cut-down edit, where they actually just make it the length of one film, as it should have been.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Awards Moderator

As I've said from the start, what I would really like to watch is a cut-down edit, where they actually just make it the length of one film, as it should have been.

Within minutes of the torrent of pt 3 being available someone will do just that.

I've enjoyed them, as overblown as they are. I don't understand how people who didn't like LOTR's can watch them though. It took me untill about half way through Saw 2 to realise the franchise wasn't for me and funnily enough that's as far as I've watched up to.

• Paid Members

Michael Shannon is going to be playing Elvis alongside Kevin Spacey as Nixon in the film of the famous meeting between the two. I like Michael Shannon, he's going to make such a weird Elvis, it sounds like a boring film but I'd much rather see it now than if they'd made a more unimaginative casting choice.

Edited by Call me Bellend