General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

I asked about Red Tails release date in this or a similar thread ages ago. It now has a June 6th release date in the UK. Source: Trailer for it on the ad break in XMen 3 on Ch4+1

Not that anyone is now the slightest bit interested mind. It's apparently a bit shit.

• Paid Members
Everytime I see that movie advertised I still can't believe it was actually made. I feel like at some point it's gonig to be revealed as an elaborate April Fools prank.

When I saw it I thought it was a spoof trailer like Tropic Thunder did! I'm still scratching my head over Cowboys and Aliens to this day.

• Moderators

They have to be taking the piss -

...Dressed in a colourful open neck shirt, almost identical to the style Jimi used to wear, he kicked off the first day of filming under the sun.

Andre 3000, real name Andre Benjamin, even sported the same hairdo as The Wind Cries Mary star..

Wait, what? He was dressed like him?? When on set to make a film about his life in which he plays him?!? Whatever next...

Edited by Chest Rockwell

along with HMV's best british album list they also did a film one that should cause plenty of discussion

here it is

1. Trainspotting (6.00%)

2. Monty Python and the Holy Grail (5.48%)

3. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part Two (4.79%)

4. Monty Python

Edited by iamtheman

• Awards Moderator

Don't know how many chaps here will be interested but the first

trailer came out today. I'm a bit of a Les Mis whore and from what you can see from the trailer, I'm quite excited for what Tom Hooper's done with it. Certainly looks very cinematic. Don't know how it'll catch on with people who aren't fussed about the show at all, but it could be an interesting one for next January.

• Paid Members
British films are shit aren't they?

You're a complete idiot.

You definitely don't know me well enough to say that, you could say I have bad taste in films at a pinch but then that's totally subjective anyway.

To me that looks like a list of played out old "classics" and films I remember coming out that I have seen and didn't enjoy or don't appeal to me. And about 10-12 ones I like.