General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Paid Members

So doesn't that mean that

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Norman Osborn will be in it as the Iron Patriot? In that case, will it be Willem Dafoe, or will it be someone who can tie in with The Amazing Spider-Man?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Nope, couldnt if they wanted too, the rights to the character are with Sony at the min.

By the way, it's occurred to me that the Phil Coulson character in The Avengers totally isn't really dead.

Rumour (read: fan speculation) is he's in stasis and his brain will be used as the basis for creating Vision in the 2nd film.

One of the writers at Ain't it cool news put a whole article up about why Coulson isn't dead, me personally I don't see him as being a big enough character to really try and pull a swerve with, I mean what point did he serve except to link the movies together? Making him Vision would be cool though.

• Awards Moderator
One of the writers at Ain't it cool news put a whole article up about why Coulson isn't dead, me personally I don't see him as being a big enough character to really try and pull a swerve with, I mean what point did he serve except to link the movies together? Making him Vision would be cool though.

I don't know who or what Vision is, but I'd say that linking the movies together was, in the context of those movies, a pretty important point to serve - I'd put him level with, or possibly even just ahead of, Nick Fury for that purpose.

(I know Nick Fury's the more important character, but purely from the films, Coulson arguably did more to set up the Shield stuff over the course of the films than Fury did...)

Given the how the Green Lantern turned out and the likely hood that any solo films will be rushed into production instead of allowing it to play out over a number of years I don't think this will work so well either.

Marvel really had a long term plan for the Avengers and it worked brilliantly, I hope DC can do the same but ......

• Paid Members

Its already gone into production once. They got as far as sending some cast to Australia with no completed script and it was canned due to the writers strike. It was set to have a new, younger Batman and Superman and exist outside of the existing films and Christopher Nolan has said he wants to keep those characters in their own films.

Wiki has some more details on cast that has been confirmed since it was cancelled:

Concerning the eponymous Justice League, Adam Brody had been cast as Barry Allen / The Flash,[16] - with D.J. Cotrona as Superman,[12] rapper Common as John Stewart / Green Lantern,[17] Australian model Megan Gale as Diana Prince / Wonder Woman,[16] Armie Hammer was cast as Batman [12], Santiago Cabrera was cast as Aquaman, and Hugh Keays as The Martian Manhunter. The decision to cast lesser-known actors has received negative feedback from comic book fans on the internet

George Miller was going to direct but hes long gone from the project

Will be intresting to see if they try and link the new Superman to it because i can imagine it being totally opposite in tone to the Green Lantern film (hopefully)

Edited by chokeout

• Paid Members
Isn't the Green Lantern gay or something? I just put that out there as otherwise this news bores me.

Yep the character they have at the min is now an intergalactic gay

kb4fc8ca9f.jpg

But they have made sure its not one of the Green Lanterns anyone gives a shit about (not the one thats portrayed in the film)

Isn't the Green Lantern gay or something? I just put that out there as otherwise this news bores me.

Yep the character they have at the min is now an intergalactic gay

kb4fc8ca9f.jpg

But they have made sure its not one of the Green Lanterns anyone gives a shit about (not the one thats portrayed in the film)

Sorry, what? How many Green Lanterns are there? Is it a clan of men in green lycra or something?

See, this is why I should never touch comicbooks, I just know the answer is going to be fucking stupid.